Cleaning Tips

I use charcoal lighter fluid. It shines the plastic up real nice. It also removes scuff marks and paint scratches that you get fron your E11. It's good for removing velcro adhesive too. Dab it on with a brush, let the adhesive soak it up, dab a little more, and in a few minutes or so it will scrape right off. I put it on a rag to wipe up any residue left. Velcro doesen't like to stick to lighter fluid, so I wash all my parts in the sink afterwards. The polish is good to keep your armor clean and shiny. They also make a polish for white cars. I wonder if it would work

That might have been me about the Turtle Wax. I use Zippo fluid to get "blaster" paint marks off my armor, but over time it will dull the plastic. After you clean with Zippo fluid go back over your entire armor with Turtle Wax spray on car wax. I'm still really amazed at how well it shines.

Adding to the thread, Novish polish does a really decent job. The lighter fluid ( and paint thinner) is good for those hard to clean spots. Especially when you have painting mishaps (which has been my recent nightmare).

Thx, Ed

I use the aforementioned Magic Eraser for quick cleaning. Another local trooper uses a microfiber detailing cloth (for auto applications) and he says it works great.

A tip for those of you who are posting about blaster marks on your armor:

I painted my blaster with satin clear coat after I weathered it. This keeps the black paint from leaving scuff marks all over your arms and chest.