WHITE PAINT? What's the best for painting armor?

That's it! That is what I used on femtrooper, after TE2 recommended it. Don't go heavy with the coats though. it dries from top down. A heavy coat will stay soft underneath forever :)

Thanks!!! :) Did you use a primer on it before or just sand it down?

Edited by darthnayce1138

Use a primer! Yes by all means use a primer! That's my paint of choice as well but its some finickey stuff. And like Julie said, it has a pretty long cure time so it can take several weeks for the paint to solidify all the way to the plastic. But the finish is amazingly glossy.

I actually took a piece of scrap ABS from my ATA suit to Sherwin-Williams and asked them to color match it. They pretty much nailed the color. It'll be a touch more expensive than spray paint, but I think it might age better.

I usually use the Rustoleum high performance enamel gloss white but during my latest trip to home depot they were out of it. The store associate suggested I try the universal primer and paint IMG_4226.jpg

While I am not a fan of the nozzle, I prefer the good ol spray paint caps, the paint finish is very impressive. High gloss. I sprayed two helmets last night. I'll post up pictures of those helmets later today

Just started to get these types of spray cans in Australia, only one maker has them so far. Make sure you wipe all your armor first with a good grease remover before you paint, the sweat from finger prints is enough to distort paint.

I usually use the Rustoleum high performance enamel gloss white but during my latest trip to home depot they were out of it. The store associate suggested I try the universal primer and paint IMG_4226.jpg

While I am not a fan of the nozzle, I prefer the good ol spray paint caps, the paint finish is very impressive. High gloss. I sprayed two helmets last night. I'll post up pictures of those helmets later today

I saw this paint at hd, but went with the hi performance since it's so glossy. The helmet I just painted had a little problem with the face plate, the primer coat may have been to heavy and the paint got weird and had to remove all the paint and redo it. The paint/primer combo sounds good if it turns out a hi gloss.

• 3 years later...

If you use something other than paint designed for plastic, it would be a good idea to use a coat of primer that is designed for plastic, just to get a good bond on the plastic.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
6 hours ago, Sn4k3 said:

Has anyone tried to apply directly on the abs clear lacquer coat?.

Can it be done without damaging the armor?

Standard original trilogy armor does not need paint, only the Rogue One require painting. That being said there are several different ways to paint and types of paint, for my builds that require paint I use automotive acrylic paint, this is finished with an acrylic clear.

Rust-O-Leum 2X White with either 1K or 2K automotive clear coat is another popular option for FOTKs and RO suits, but yea - OT armor should not be painted (except maybe the helmet).