Squirrel fans in AP helmet problem!

howdy troopers! i am having a lot of trouble trying to get my head into the helmet with my two squirrel blowers in there, is there any certain way or optimal position that you have your fans in there or is it just impossible to get two of those bad boys and a head in an AP helmet? The photo is the way I have it right now and it's a battle to get my head in there and not rip them off. If you have any photos of your setup, that would be greatly appreciated, thank you brothers!

post-15591-0-74387500-1347395798.jpg

i put two 40mm pc fans in my AP.

i attached them close to each other ,maybe 1mm apart directly behind the teeth on top af the mesh.

they dont make the lid humming cause of vibration and i can squezze my head in without detaching them .

cant find a pic right now and the battery and switch is inside the vocoder very easy to reach from outside, its a clean easy build and very efficient

I have a big head and I managed to get it through easily (take on and put on lid) with this setup (even with full armour on)

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

thats what i have done to my AP lid.

-----------

here you can see a bit of the battery holder, below it close to the s trim is the switch attached, works like a charm.

---------

no hassle whatsoever to get the lid on or touch the fans with my nose ect.

Best Dr

Edited by gmrhodes13

• 2 weeks later...

This is my setup.....Made some brackets to hold the batteries and bolted to the back of the hovi mics.

These fans are very small at only 10mm thick and at $3ea.

-------------

A bit messy with the hot glue but holds strong.

Edited by gmrhodes13

I was going to say, I put them low in the bottom area pointing up, similar to this, in my ATA, and, while it takes a teensie bit of work, I get it on with fairly easily...----------------

Edited by gmrhodes13

• 1 month later...
On 9/26/2012 at 12:54 AM, Evilboy said:

I was going to say, I put them low in the bottom area pointing up, similar to this, in my ATA, and, while it takes a teensie bit of work, I get it on with fairly easily...------------

What did you use for padding in that? It looks vaguely familiar but I just can't place it. I've tried everything from flight helmet liners to foam, to ACH padding and just haven't been able to find something I'm completely happy with.

Edited by gmrhodes13

It came with the Helmet. I bought it from ARAKYEL on the SpecOps Board. He sells the liner separately if you need. Here is the Thread :

--------------

Edited by gmrhodes13

You shouldn't need two fans, one good squirrel fan is all you need. I used to have the small computer fans in my helmet and they did so little when it came to cooling down my face. The squirrel fans pull the air in from the bottom/side and not from the back so you get a strong stream of air. When the battery is new, that humming of the fan can be quite loud, I can't even imagine being able to hear anything with two fans on!

On 10/27/2012 at 3:02 AM, Evilboy said:

It came with the Helmet. I bought it from ARAKYEL on the SpecOps Board. He sells the liner separately if you need. Here is the Thread :

------------

How do you like it? I've got a rather large head and am just not having much luck coming up with padding that is comfortable and keeps it straight on my head.

After looking at that thread... I might just have to order a whole helmet from him as well. Thanks.

Edited by gmrhodes13

How do you like it? I've got a rather large head and am just not having much luck coming up with padding that is comfortable and keeps it straight on my head.

After looking at that thread... I might just have to order a whole helmet from him as well. Thanks.

Yeah, he does REALLY nice work. He says he plans to do them in White and Red in the next year...As for size, I have a medium large size head, and the fit is good but not tight. I find that those "channels" in the padding allow for air flow over the top of the head...