Resin Hengstler Counter Mod

Dazauto

Hi guys after being granted Centurion, a couple of you troopers asked how I did the mod on my counter so I thought I would post up the thread I did on the UKG forums for all to see here.

During the build of my resin blaster I wanted to pimp up the Hengstler counter a bit by adding the numbers on the rear and using my TK Id 6727.

I know the sticker route would have been easy but I wanted to do things a little different and below is how I got on.

I started with some leftover ABS, made a template from looking at pictures and made a rear plate and reset switch:

gsqOnrf.jpg

wQN2pcb.jpg

ILjNncT.jpg

Next was to get rid of the moulding on the resin counter, mark and hollow out ready for the numbers to fit in:

JQRKScq.jpg

auds4WE.jpg

ea9osvz.jpg

While waiting for some parts to turn up I painted the counter up in matt black and added a thin plastic window to the plate and also drilled out the moulded screws and added brass ones:

nUK4jGZ.jpg

clFJRd2.jpg

V25S8qT.jpg

YrCnEaJ.jpg

The parts that I was waiting for turned up (had them shipped from China as im a bit of a tight wad and saved a few pounds) only downside was shipping time.

As you will see I didnt need many parts from the items I bought and pretty much butchered it all to acheive what I wanted, I took the bits needed glued them together to get the right number then cut and sanded till I got the shape I needed to fit the counter:

6yKeDsI.jpg

F3Uokm7.jpg

5ARfaIK.jpg

eJjCedn.jpg

ZMYFuTg.jpg

All that was needed then was to glue the plate onto the counter over the numbers:

aXV0jo8.jpg

So this is how it has turned out, just needs a little filling around the edges and touch up on the matt black and slight weathering then its ready to attach to the bracket on the blaster:

lzehZd2.jpg

hnBMemO.jpg

JByBR6M.jpg

And how it looks on the finished blaster:

H4iwNjL.jpg

Im sure this mod has been done before, but I hope you like my take on it thanks for looking guys :smiley-sw013:

• Like 5

Great job! I also like your scope targeting system, is that a reticule of some sort?

Thanks for the great feedback guys :duim:

Sergiu, I used a decal that a friend sent me and covered it with a glass Cabochon 22mm for the rear and a 8mm for the front a link below for you:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-Pieces-Clear-Glass-Cabochons-Pendant-Cover-/200658968077?pt=UK_Crafts_JewelleryMaking_GL&var=&hash=item2eb834de0d

Edited by Dazauto
  • Like 1

Very cool! Thanks! I had a bad experience with a guy on RPF who made scope reticules, took the money but never delivered to the members (he got banned for that). Thought it was one of those reticules (which looked great, but didn't get them). This is very nice too!

Very cool! Thanks! I had a bad experience with a guy on RPF who made scope reticules, took the money but never delivered to the members (he got banned for that). Thought it was one of those reticules (which looked great, but didn't get them). This is very nice too!

No problem Sergiu, glad to be of help.

I heard of that guy also bad news and hopefully no one will get caught out like that again.

My friend sized them for me and just printed them out on photo paper ready to cut out and fix behind the glass.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
On 9/11/2012 at 9:07 PM, Dazauto said:

Hi guys after being granted Centurion, a couple of you troopers asked how I did the mod on my counter so I thought I would post up the thread I did on the UKG forums for all to see here.

During the build of my resin blaster I wanted to pimp up the Hengstler counter a bit by adding the numbers on the rear and using my TK Id 6727.

I know the sticker route would have been easy but I wanted to do things a little different and below is how I got on.

I started with some leftover ABS, made a template from looking at pictures and made a rear plate and reset switch:

Next was to get rid of the moulding on the resin counter, mark and hollow out ready for the numbers to fit in:

While waiting for some parts to turn up I painted the counter up in matt black and added a thin plastic window to the plate and also drilled out the moulded screws and added brass ones:

The parts that I was waiting for turned up (had them shipped from China as im a bit of a tight wad and saved a few pounds) only downside was shipping time.

As you will see I didnt need many parts from the items I bought and pretty much butchered it all to acheive what I wanted, I took the bits needed glued them together to get the right number then cut and sanded till I got the shape I needed to fit the counter

All that was needed then was to glue the plate onto the counter over the numbers:

So this is how it has turned out, just needs a little filling around the edges and touch up on the matt black and slight weathering then its ready to attach to the bracket on the blaster:

Im sure this mod has been done before, but I hope you like my take on it thanks for looking guys :smiley-sw013:

Hey awesome build!  Did you use a crayon or something else to color the lettering white on the scope?  I read one forum saying to use a crayon and to then wipe any excess off.

Hey awesome build! Did you use a crayon or something else to color the lettering white on the scope? I read one forum saying to use a crayon and to then wipe any excess off.

The white crayon works great, and it's very simple to do. It is what I did with my build.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk