Ultrasabers quality/legitimacy?

Levans

Mt two cents,<br>

They're not worth the money. I've had friends buy from them, I bought one once and was very disappointed. They have great shipping time and probably the cheapest saber on the market, but you get what you pay for. </br>

Highly recommend against!

They are not really the cheapest saber. If you had problems with it did you send it in for repairs? I know they do stand behind their work & will repair them.

• 3 months later...

I myself bought an Ultrasaber a few months ago and absolutely loved it. My wife bought one a month later, and my best friend bought one about 2 weeks before the premiere for The Force Awakens - and got it with plenty of time to spare. I can't say how they compare with other websites like Sabreforge (since I haven't bought from anywhere else), but I say their quality is pretty darn amazing. 

How do you find the light along the blade? Is it stronger at the base then fades toward the tip? Did you get the blade style with the interior lining in it?

The light does fade as it goes up the blade & all of them have some sort of lining in them.

• 3 months later...

I bought an Ultrasaber last October to have for Halloween and for TFA premiere.  Here are my thoughts:

The saber itself is great! I only use mine for display/costuming (not for dueling), so I can only attest to the way it looks, and not the strength of it, though it feels quite solid to me.  The blade is bright and evenly lit, the sound is crisp and loud.  The blades look especially fantastic in photographs/video.  I have bought several interchangeable emitters/pommels for mine so I can achieve different looks with my saber, and I got the Emerald driver so I can make the blade ANY color I want (blue, green, red, white, yellow, purple, even brown, literally ANY COLOR).

They aren't as detailed/pretty as saber forge hilts, but Ultrasabers is more affordable and customizable.

Now, all this being said, I DID have a rather poor experience with customer service.  Many give them good reviews, and I'm sure Ultrasabers is usually good with customers, but in my case they were... frustrating.  My order arrived with the wrong features added (or missing) and I wanted to return the saber for store credit so I could use the credit to order a new saber and upgrade to an Emerald driver.  They said I could exchange it for my original order, but since it was "custom made" (its a standard saber with stock parts) I couldn't return it. Long story short, after many back and forth emails where they began to insult ME, we finally came to an agreement, which cost me about $50 more than it should have, but I got the saber I wanted.

Probably my fault for making the situation complicated, but they could have acted more professionally and not insulted one of their customers, as I never insulted them.

• 5 months later...

I know there are a lot of controversies about UltraSabers, but their sabers are of excellent quality and very robust. I like mine. Saberforge makes nicer sabers but IMHO quality-wise lower (although with their new ASP they improved a lot, on pari with US), and the inner space is very limited. TCSS is best, because of the customidation, for sure also the priciest.<br>
Just personal opinion. All of them have pros and cons. I have sabers from each of these shops.

Edited by RankAndFileTrooper

UltraSabers customer service can tend to be hit or miss, but that's the case with SaberForge as well.  SF is notorious for rampant QC issues with their fancy hilts, which lead me to decide to avoid them.  UltraSabers tends to have very well made, very solid hilts with less to go wrong.  The blank slate is especially nice if you intend to customize it anyway.  (leather wraps, etc)  The electronics in ALL sabers have ups and downs... tiny electronics that get smacked around do tend to have issues.

Vaders Vault and Genesis are among the top tier blade makers (there are one or two others I'm forgetting, I know), but are priced accordingly.

From my research, US seems to have far fewer issues than SF and the other mid-tier makers, so that's what I went with.  I've been happy with the product, to date.  The delivery time (under a week for mine!) is especially impressive, particularly given the extremely long lead times many of the other manufacturers can have.