Ultrasabers quality/legitimacy?

Levans

Hey all,

I had a quick question about TK lightsabers/lightsabers in general. While browsing I found the following website:

http://www.ultrasabers.com/

It looks alright, the quality of their sabers looks pretty good and the prices are fairly reasonable too. The amount of customization you can have in your saber is pretty impressive. What I was wondering is, does anyone have any experience with their products?

Build quality, customer service, etc?

Thanks!

I have two - I picked them up as souvenirs for my kids at Dragon*Con. The New York Jedi and other lightsabers dueling groups commonly use them in their performances.

Pros: relatively inexpensive, and virtually indestructible. They make excellent dueling sabers - unlike Master Replicas / eFx sabers, you can bang them together as hard as you like.

Cons: no power up / power down lighting effects, nor do they come with the whoosh / clash sound effects that make MR / eFx such cool toys to play with. :D

I bought one recently for my Sith Acolyte build. They had it made and shipped in two days. I really like the appearance and the sound effects. It seems really sturdy and is easy to disassemble when I need to charge the batteries.

I have two - I picked them up as souvenirs for my kids at Dragon*Con. The New York Jedi and other lightsabers dueling groups commonly use them in their performances.

Pros: relatively inexpensive, and virtually indestructible. They make excellent dueling sabers - unlike Master Replicas / eFx sabers, you can bang them together as hard as you like.

I managed to break one of their blades, but it also nearly broke my damn leg, so yeah, indestructible is pretty right.

Cons: no power up / power down lighting effects, nor do they come with the whoosh / clash sound effects that make MR / eFx such cool toys to play with. :D

Not true. Only the cheap ones lack sound. Ultrasabers with sound

• 3 months later...

I managed to break one of their blades, but it also nearly broke my damn leg, so yeah, indestructible is pretty right.

Not true. Only the cheap ones lack sound. Ultrasabers with sound

The power up/down lighting effects they dont have, but the whoosh clash sound effects they do have if you add the sound. You can even customize the sounds/sensitivity of them if you put hook a usb cord up from your computer to the lightsaber. Have had mine for a few months and am very happy with it.

• 2 weeks later...

I have two of them and they are solid quality. They don't have the power up/down effects as those are done with LED strips. Those are great for show but not if you plan on hitting things with them as individual lights can go out.

They have a new option for a power jack so you don't have to take the batteries out. Furthermore you can leave it plugged in and use it for a light.

That said, I don't know the details but the local lightsaber training group doesn't recommend them.

• 5 weeks later...

I was doing some digging and found this thread, someone wasn't happy:

http://www.therpf.co...erience-150975/

Wow! That was a harsh experience!

I'm glad I got to just deal with them face to face on the convention floor.

When I was a kid my uncle bought a set of pings.

We got a hold of a bunch of $1 flashlights and had a neighborhood lightsaber battle that rivaled AOTC.

Now Ultrasabers does the same thing and starts thinking they are Microsoft.

..........wow...........

Edited by TK O.K.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have one of the grab bag sabers and use it as a loner for photos. It's a stunt so I'm not worried about dropping it verses one of the more expensive ones. It really makes the kids smile when they can hold a saber up to a trooper and feel like a Sith or Jedi.

• 1 month later...

That's cool that you let the kids hold it but to hold it up to a trooper.......... Not a good idea. I was a handler at a troop this last spring and there were many kids dressed up, a lot were Jedi, they had there own Walmart sabers. Our Darth Vader was taking pics with the kids and would hold up his saber for the pic and the kids started swinging at him. One kid thought he was a real Jedi and started swing real hard and before I could stop it he hit Vader in his helmet pitting a nice big scratch on it. The Mom was standing there and did nothing, she thought it was the greatest thing having her kid beat up Vader she was laughing. I finally stepped in and stopped the kid, but over all not a good idea with the saber and a trooper i would be pissed if a kid scratched my armor!! kids go too far and parents don't care.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Mt two cents,<br>

They're not worth the money. I've had friends buy from them, I bought one once and was very disappointed. They have great shipping time and probably the cheapest saber on the market, but you get what you pay for. <br><br>

Highly recommend against!