My Newly Built RS PVC Armour

Hi guys, he's some pics of my newly build RS PVC armour, just need to tweak a few things but before I put in for

clearance so any feedback would be great!!!

DSC04302.jpg

DSC04303.jpg

DSC04304.jpg

DSC04309.jpg

DSC04312.jpg

DSC04314.jpg

The missus thought I looked cute :angry: Not quite the comment I wanted when trying to be a slightly intimidating Stormtrooper!!!

belt tan straps should only show 1" of tan at the bottom of the belt, and the rivets don't go in the middle

they should be 1/4" from the bottom of the belt.

you have it almost like a strange combination of ANH and ROTJ.

shoulder straps should be tied with white elastic, and should align with the back plate better.

oh and by the way, I'm sorry for posting the above so abruptly.

RS props pvc suits look really good!

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

Looks fantastic. I agree about the rivets and holster position. It's an easy fix but the existing holes in your canvas belt will still be there. Patch it up with some glue to keep it from fraying... or make a new belt (would look nicer). Depending if you're pursuing Centurion, elastic straps holding the shoulder straps down is more authentic. You can also velcro them to the back plate. Also, is your left sniper plate pop riveted on? Most likely neither of these issues would affect a 501st application, but would need to be tweaked for higher FISD standards if you choose to pursue them.

Usually, troopers that are called 'cute' are of short stature. "I want a picture with the cute small one!" ...or incredibly good looking. But that's why we wear masks right? Don't worry, you'll have kiddos running away from you in tears before you know it. :duim: I mean that in the nicest possible way.

In the back at the bottom of your thighs, it looks like they have shap edges where they are rounded. Round them off by sanding. You do not want to cut yourself when walking. looks Great! Like what the others said about adjusting the rivits of the Holster and adding "Elastic" to the Sholder Ribs.

Andy

Thanks guys, the elastic straps for the shoulders are there, I just didnt wrap them around :blush:

As for the back of the thighs there ok and not to bad but yeah, a bit more sanding is a good shout. I'll also

have a good look at the belt situation.......

Im also tinkering with the idea of adding a chin strap at the moment and just waiting for my rom/fx pro email.

And im only 5ft"7 so maybe should of gone Hero eh?

Thanks for the feedback though guys, much appreciated :duim:

• 1 month later...

RS belts have little dots where the holster is supposed to be riveted. They are all in the center like that. Supposedly that is where their originaly screen used belt has its holster riveted, but thats also the belt seen on the tantive raid with the wonky holster so....

Anyone with an RS belt can very easily just "follow the dots" unless they research prior to building, or just know. The Clothears people who make the belt for RS actually have a info sheet explaining what each of the dots are (some for snaps, some for rivets to the belt, those two in the middle side for the holster) so its no wonder we have seeen several RS builds with holsters attatched this way. See this pic that shows RS real belt and the repro clearly riveted in the middle:

belt-1-650x537.jpg

I think you have done a good job on the armor, having just built myself one (going ESB so the holster thing was a non issue for me) I can attest to the amount of work it takes.

5 foot 7 is actually the average hight of the movie troopers from what Muir tells RS so you are good there :P

I dunno if its the angle or what in the first picture but your helmet looks HUGE lol! Not so bad in the others.

Edited by rhapsodyred99

The marks on the RS belt are a bad idea. Their original belt is the only one to have the Imperial Gunners holster oddly attached and following the marks are making you put the straps in the wrong place. Anyone who is not familair with original armour will instinctively follow the marks as a guide and end up attaching the holster incorrectly.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, just to let you all know..................

I got cleared :smiley-sw013:

after a few minor tweaks, im off for my induction this weekend and I think "nervously excited" is the phrase. I'll be learning to

spot first and then suit up. Just a shame my I-comm wont be here in time but I expect I'd have been concetrating so much

I'd forget to talk.

If anyone has good little tips on trooping, now would be the time!!!

Good luck with your troop! I invite almost every new recruit I talk with to be a spotter/handler at an event before they finish their costume. You'll provide another set of eyes and ears, take pictures, help to build friendships with the squad mates you'll be trooping with regularly (Let a trooper know if his cod strap isn't snapped), and you'll see how everyone interacts with each other during the event.

I still get anxious every time I suit up for a troop. Once you get out there, nerves will settle down and you'll get into it. Having a mic hooked up is very beneficial but not always required. Body language plays a HUGE role too.

• 2 months later...