Clamps' Doopy Full Resin E11 Build

Clamps

make sure you don't paint the T Tracks, scope rail or scope/hengstler with hammered, those parts are all untextured on the originals.

also the round hole at the join of the folding stock should actually be a filled hole. it's the folding stock brace bearing seat.

you have filled it completely up, perhaps figuring that it's a mold flaw, when actually it's a good part.

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did some work on the cocking handle to allow it to ride in the channel & Shorten inner barrel to allow spring mechanism to be in a good position.

AFT80PL.jpg

Scratched in the "OFF ->" text into magazine end.

OtdshHN.jpg

5hYnXWb.jpg

Dropped the end cap and a chunk flew off. Had to get the JB stick out to fix it up.

oYo6Im3.jpg

HCl7F6w.jpg

Looks great!!

Thanks, trying my best, though I am not overly skilled at this sorta thing.

short of the Hengstler bracket, everything else is ready and already it with primer!

Thanks Phillip, keep at it, nothing here in my build is original, just keep reading and trying to apply ideas to the kit. its hard at first, just like building the armour, but once you get some momentum and familiarity with the tools, it gets easier. That being said, mistakes will be and WERE made throughout the build. Some of which are easy to fix, some not so much, but hopefully no-one really notices ;) (my hasbro mod was a comedy of errors,but turned out ok in the end to get me to EIB). This blaster will be the one to get me into that next level.

I really wanted to get a Hyperfirm, oh lord that would be sweet, but getting one across the border here is beyond difficult, damn near impossible to legitimately do. So my next pet project will be either a SE-R14 or DLT-19 kit.

Blasters are fun distractions from the countless tweaks my armour needed or still needs.

Time to re-engage this build now that I am approved and EiB. Time to get working on centurion.

Tonight sanding main body and then layering the flat black.

Nothing special to see. It's just watching paint dry.

:)

What the heck. The weather was good so I painted the hengstler covers, scope, rail, cocking handle, end cap and power cylinders. All flat black. <br /><br />I STILL need to make my hengstler bracket mount. I cannot find the l shaped aluminum in the right size nor the piece of sheer metal of sufficient gauge. Gonna have to go find a Lowes as home depot is sucking' it.

Edited by chookaboom

Congrats on eib status, keep up the good work :)

Thanks Glen, doing my best to hod my work to the highest standards my skills will allow! :jc_doublethumbup:

What's your ETA for your Armour kit to arrive?

hmmm, was not able to find a good gunmetal spray paint and when placing my barrel/spring in place, it is too light of a grey using just primer. I may have to darken it up a whee little bit so it is a little less ick.

• 2 weeks later...

Alrighty then, I am back from my work trip and its time to put this build back in motion. So, essentially, I have painted, assembled and had a crack at some light weather. Please note that I was not happy with how the weathering was comign on the REAL scope, so I have temporarily placed the Resin scope on the build. Once I am happy with the real deal I will swap it out.

Ce0HJhv.jpg

KwPJlzn.jpg

6h3oKcT.jpg

zu1uaMD.jpg

BKThaby.jpg

tBbw9uL.jpg

a8C5VFy.jpg

ocwHvh2.jpg

SYgKEzF.jpg

5YueLN7.jpg

xKWY8IM.jpg

real scope is going to take this build way up!

I truly hope so, that is why I did not post until I get it looking right, as weathering with paint is way easier than with the real scope... Any advice on how to do that right would be greatly appreciated.

Very nice! It seems the Hengstler is real too.

Yes indeedy, thanks to Vern for making that a reality for me!

PS: I plan to hit this with a very light Matte clearcoat to seal it up once I put the finishing touches on the weathering. I need to wait a few days to get comfortable with the look.

YEAH!!! now this one is wrapping up, I need to start deciding what my next weapon will be.