AP armor question

Hi, I am new to FISD. After reading the pinned threads in "getting started - read this first!" section, I sent inquiry messages to several North America based armor providers. AP was the first to reply me and mentioned

(AP armor) "will easily fit up to 6,2" person, can easily be trimmed down to fit a smaller person or fit a bigger person by adding extra ABS shims included in the kits"

I am 6 ft 2 in (to be more exact, 6'2.5) and 200 lbs... not sure if AP is a good choice for me. If so, what kind of modification is required?

While I am still waiting for replies from other armor makers, any advice on AP or other armors is welcome.

Thank you very much.

:)

It will fit fine. Here's a comparison with my awesome friends and squad mates.

Sarah wearing T/MC (5'3 ? Somewhere around there) - Me wearing AP (5'9) - Thomas wearing AP (6'3)

------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I have (and love) AP. It is what I would call a skinny trooper's kit, primarily around the middle. If you are 6'2 and very lanky, it can fit you with ease. If you are not lanky, it will need some shimming. I am 5'11" and 175lb, and I had to add an inch to either side of the ab/kidney to close the gap. Granted my girth is abnormal. However, closed gap is not required at the basic level. (I just like it better). There is plenty of room in the arms, biceps, thighs, etc. Bucket is gorgeous. Shoulder bells won't work on a broader shoulder as easily.

I will be 100% honest with you in terms of my personal opinion. If you are going for accuracy, AP is great. If you are going for fit, which I believe is more important (because you can achieve up to Centurion in any armor!), I would recommend for you AM or RT-Mod because it will give you a little more room to play with. I'm not saying they're not accurate - they're great. Some molds are a little more "accurate" than others. But if you take care to fit it to you and follow the guidelines and help on this site, I would be proud to stand beside you in AP or AM or RT or ATA or Whatever. :D And that's the bottom line.

Do a Novatrooper! They're cooler than the plain black ones.

Again, my $0.02.

Even better, wait until he has more white in stock, because that will be from the new improved molds...

I haven't got back from RT yet. ATA replied me and they only have black armors now...

I read of some posts saying ATA helmet is more accurate than AM. How does AM armor + ATA helmet sound? BTW, ATA is not providing decals?

Still waiting for information from other armor sources. Unless I go with AP, it is really a temptation whether to start with TX rather than wait for a few months for TK.

• 2 weeks later...

I love my AP kit. I'm 6'1" 185lbs and i think it fits me fine. I have about a 1" shim on the sides to close the gap.

yWBiioK.jpg

Edited by Sly11
Edited to restore images Sly11 2021