Moose's Armor Questions

Moose

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this the version your referring to? http://www.eastbay.c...ressionclothing

Yes, sorry for the delay in response. I started a thread once reviewing eastbay stuff. Check it out if you have time. http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=19203

Except today when I found an old in my pants ... mostly due to dancing in my TK I think.

Jenny why didn't you tell me I have a tear in my pants! :smiley-sw013: LOL j/k I dont think you can see it from outside, so I think it's just abrasion from the butt plate.

Hopefully recieving my ATA helmet within the next week. Was considering the decal kit from trooperbay, but am also considering trying to paint it. Which would be better decals or paint? Also I would like to know if one of these brands of paint is better than the other. Ive never tried humbrol and its been years since ive used testors.

I have used both and the paints seem pretty much a muchness, I am also using both on my lid, dave m decals and paint. From reading through the forums most prefer to be more screen acurate and paint their lids, my hands aren't that steady but I may call on a fellow trooper to help me out in the future :smiley-sw013:

Edited by gmrhodes13

I have used both and the paints seem pretty much a muchness, I am also using both on my lid, dave m decals and paint. From reading through the forums most prefer to be more screen acurate and paint their lids, my hands aren't that steady but I may call on a fellow trooper to help me out in the future :smiley-sw013:

Do you have any pics of your build? Ive read that the dave m decals look almost exactly like they were hand painted. IDK. I'm probably going to try to paint mine with the stencil kit from trooperbay, and then if it looks like crap I could just cover it up with the decals.

testors matches best

if you hand paint the traps, tears and other areas, the decal's won't cover them!

the decals, especially in the tears don't fill up the entire space.

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

Been looking at different setups and I think I am going to go with iComm. A lillte pricy at 105.50 but from the videos it seems to be exactly what I want.

I also trying to decide between the Aker MR 1505 and Aker MR 1506. Might also get the Memorex wireless headset. The links to all these are below.

The setup is going to run about $160 wired or $190 if I go wireless. Was wondering if anyone else is running this setup, if they like it, and if its worth

the money.

Wireless Headset https://tkproductsll...one-kit-mka382/

MR1505 https://tkproductsll...product/mr1505/

MR1506 https://tkproductsll...product/mr1506/

iComm https://tkproductsll...ication-system/

I know a bunch of guys who use Aker + iComm.

They're all real happy with them, and I get jealous of the sounds (I just use an Aker).

The only dude I know who used Memorex stopped, because he found them unreliable. Not having seen them in action, I can neither confirm or deny.

EDIT: Is it worth the money?

The Aker is simple great value, the iComm is a luxury, but great if you can afford it. Can't comment on Memorex.

Edited by Darth Furious

I just finished setting up my sound system tonight. I have the Aker 1506 and icomm fitted in the chest. The Aker is well loud enough, You only need it at about half volume. I tried many different set ups and found this to be the best. No feed back at all. I changed the mic for a slightly better quality one with an on and off button fitted so you can suit up and then turn on the system at the final end of suiting up.

Ive also read about some problems with the Memorex; mainly with feedback. Im most likely going to just go without the wireless.

The mic with a cutoff is a great idea. Probably going to have to upgrade to that later on. What kind of mic did you go with?

I don't know if it's just me but my icomm static sounds way too loud compared to the volume on the speech. Just wish there was a way to turn down the static sounds a little. BTW I use the Aker amp and love it!!!

I don't know if it's just me but my icomm static sounds way too loud compared to the volume on the speech. Just wish there was a way to turn down the static sounds a little. BTW I use the Aker amp and love it!!!

are you using the MR 1505 or 1506? The 1506 is thicker so I was wondering if it be too big for under chestplate.

I use the 12 watt Aker. A LOT louder and clear. Definitely recommend it. I have my amp hanging from my neck with an elastic strap. I'm skinny so there's room in the chest. Didn't use the iCom; the push to talk pop was enough for me. I personally don't prefer the wireless setup because the receiver was difficult to place.

I strapped my amp to the inside of my chest plate with snaps and some fabric (the amp has a hook). Fits perfectly. Oh i remember, i have the 10 amp version. My icomm is just velcroed next to it.

Hey guys, been away for awhile.

Anyway, Big thumbs up on the Aker! Love Mine!!!

It would be great to hear more about the wireless set-ups anyone has. I was going to get the Memorex, glad I read here first. Anyone use something else they can recomend?

I'm using an Aker. I have an iComm but I haven't been using it since I didn't like using VOX and I had trouble with my PTT button. I also agree that not being able to adjust the relative volume of the static burst and speech is a little troublesome. The default adjustment is pretty good, and honestly I have a hard time telling how good I sound while I'm in kit, so it's probably not an issue. I haven't been out on many troops, so I'm still experimenting a bit.

For my microphone I was going to use the Memorex since I didn't want wires going to my bucket, but it was a bit bulky. Instead I got this from a local store:

http://www.amazon.co...ords=throat mic

It's a throat mic made for FRS radios. I had to make an adapter between it in the Aker (a simple 1/16" to 1/8" plug adapter).

It goes right at the top of my neck seal so there are no wires going in to the bucket. It also adds a fair bit of distortion so it gives a pretty good "radio" sound just by itself. I just tuck the headphone bit under my neckseal, but I could imagine using that someday for some other purpose.