E-11 blaster for centurion standards

gmrhodes13

And only the back half of the rear sight has the serrated edge:

1amk3-032943_8.jpg

Cool thanks an easy fix too as i have made another one withought serrations and they are only held in with a screw, I'm on to it :D As for the T track I think I will just have to bite that one and pretend they were metal, would have been in real life so will stick with the weathering. Thanks again for the imput :salute:

Looks awesome, Glen! Just one question, how much to get you to do one for me? haha :duim:

LOL well I have enjoyed building mine, maybe I may do a few builds after my armor build, well when I get it :blink: Edited by gmrhodes13

OK bits fixed, plastic grip all black and serrations only on back :) May make a metal piece later as the serrations would be crisper than what you get in plastic

tiTiIf1.jpg

Thanks for your feedback, I may as well get as close to the way it should be and hopefully it will be with all the help that I have been given, thanks again everyone, you know who you are :D:salute:

For those not sure the difference between a pipe build and a hasbro build here is a pic I took earlier (btw my hasbro was heavily modded too)

anyOCYW.jpg

Love quick drying primer, now a bit of silver and bronze, black tomorrow :D

pic130z.jpgù

i am also in painting phase

painted silver, and now the satin black

img0627ii.jpg

i never used the satin black, it was also quite hard to find (and expensive :( 8 euro!) but i really like this color, gives so close the metal look.

when dry, the hand grip will be painted glossy black (as for the scope).

Thanks guys, I am in talks with a place about getting the stock cut and just waiting on some pricing so there may be some in the near future. :salute:

Satin black pretty common here in Aus and not that expensive. I have used it quite a lot over the years, after weathering the blaster I like to give it a couple of coats of satin clear and this prevents future weathing in places you don't want it to weather. Was pointed out by Mathias yesterday not to weather the grip as it would have been originaly plastic and wouldn't wear, but I will still just use the satin as the gloss would have been dulled by using the grip over time.

Had to do some black touch up yesterday so maybe putting on the clear today or tomorrow depending on the weather. The clear tends to go cloudy if you paint when it is too cold.

Can't wait so going to put up with the smell of paint drying tonight lol :D Clear is on

eYMSmVJ.jpg

Rain today so looks like clear will have to wait until tomorrow :(

to begin to assembly electronics i am still waiting the satin black to get dry.. maybe because it's water based, this paint need more than 24 hours to get dry!! :(

img0632er.jpg

Edited by skyone

to begin to assembly electronics i am still waiting the satin black to get dry.. maybe because it's water based, this paint need more than 24 hours to get dry!! :(

img0632er.jpg

Don't you hate waiting for paint to dry :blink: , The one I use takes about 6 hours until you can put any weight on it. The satin clear is a bit quicker and can usualy touch it after about 4 hours. Hope to get it together over the next few days, just found small vibration motor I am going to put it, just to give a more realistic feeling :)

It has begun, the final assebly :jc_doublethumbup:

Just sorting out the wires, fitting the electrics and spring

uyAezU5.jpg

So I think I am just about done, final assembly, now where's that armor, waiting, waiting, waiting, :blink:

SCQ7jK1.jpg

27G8wAf.jpg

vMfSOrB.jpg

2VcVP0e.jpg

eUYf0ba.jpg

MrTIuXy.jpg

H7HXneG.jpg

Pretty happy with the way this blaster has turned out, learned a lot from my hasbro build, learned even more with this pipe build, can't wait for my armor build. Thanks again for everyone’s input and comments wouldn't have gotten this far without it :salute:

very good work

mine is also mostly finished, today i loaded the electronics even if the paint stil it's not 100% dry!

tomorrow i will try to finish to paint and install the missing parts

img0642sz.jpg

Edited by skyone

i understand why the paint is not yet dry but still sticky: it's a water based acrylic paint, that's the problem. But i couldn't find any other satin black spray than this. :( i hate when big store have anything but not the thing you are looking for. I think i am going to order on internet.

p.s.

had to remove all the paint because of it. :( a lot of work

Now i painted again with a matte black NOT WATER BASED paint, mixing a bit with the grey metal background

Edited by skyone

i understand why the paint is not yet dry but still sticky: it's a water based acrylic paint, that's the problem. But i couldn't find any other satin black spray than this. :( i hate when big store have anything but not the thing you are looking for. I think i am going to order on internet.

p.s.

had to remove all the paint because of it. :( a lot of work

Now i painted again with a matte black NOT WATER BASED paint, mixing a bit with the grey metal background

Removing paint is such a lot of work, sorry to hear you had problems. My paint was from a hardware store but I have used auto paint before as well. If you can find some satin clear spray then you could cover the matt black and still get the same satin results. Even some gloss clears you can make look satin just by holding the can further away from what you are painting and giving light dusting coats. Hope it works out :D

I did find the hardest part of my build was the painting, but I must admit I had tried a few parctice pieces while I was waiting for all my bits to get here.

Thanks for the positive comments Manuel and Sergiu :salute: