E-11 blaster for centurion standards

gmrhodes13

Thanks fellow troopers :salute:

Ok still bored and this waiting for armor is killing me lol, decided to make some stands for my blasters, made sure that I made them the same so it doesn't matter which blaster goes in which stand. May looking into some perspex stands down the track, with some name tags, TK numbers too I hope

Woodwork done, next on to some painting, got a can of charcoal hamerfinish left so I may as well use that, be a nice contrast to the blasters. Now wheres that primer gone???

zgxU8IY.jpg

me likey the stands very nice subtle contrast with the charcoal hammered. I picked up a stand from Doopys that has the Imperial Cog. I used Silver spray paint and then hand painted black the cog section. I then went with stickers for my TK ID and nickname. worked out nice.

Excellent Work!

me likey the stands very nice subtle contrast with the charcoal hammered. I picked up a stand from Doopys that has the Imperial Cog. I used Silver spray paint and then hand painted black the cog section. I then went with stickers for my TK ID and nickname. worked out nice.

Excellent Work!

I have seen yours, very nice, pinched the cog idea, got two printed and coated in clear drying. Was going to add my tk numbers once I get them, if I ever get armor LOL :blink:

if I ever get armor LOL :blink:

i know that feeling and blaster tweaking kept me sane until it did come. When it does, a whole new obsession will begin. I cannot wait to watch the progress!

I have seen yours, very nice, pinched the cog idea, got two printed and coated in clear drying. Was going to add my tk numbers once I get them, if I ever get armor LOL :blink:

I still have a month for my armor, I want my TKID so bad that I bought a Crewman costume to get membership and begin helping at troops. Lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I still have a month for my armor, I want my TKID so bad that I bought a Crewman costume to get membership and begin helping at troops. Lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

If I had thought earlier I would have started another costume first, like the idea of a imperial officer. Started making a mannequin so that is keeping me sane for now, just need to do a bit of foam work and get the hands to clamp :smiley-sw013:

too bad TK's don;t have lobster hands, cuz "Clamps" had a perfect solution for a lobster hand clamping method :laugh1:

LMAO :laugh1:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Great Job on the blaster Glen!!! Looks amazing as usual.

I have a question that has been perplexing me, its about the painting/LED situation. How did you avoid painting the LEDs inside the barrel when you were spraying? Is it that with their positions within the barrel that they pretty much avoid any spray contact? i just want to make sure because after i fix the electronics i want to make sure i don't kill my job by painting the lights lol.

thanks.

Mask it off with painters tape before ya put the blaster back together..make sure you are able to access the tape(leave a decent sized lift of tape on top of the mask)...i used long tweezers to get mine off...

As for the front of the muzzle led, ive seen many use a straw to cover it up

• 1 year later...

Great build, I like the folding stock. Did you get the pieces machine cut or was it all your own hand skills?

Just my own hand skills, took a bit of time but I think they came out ok