TE2 Stunt build up[*TE]

TK-4510

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, its been 3 days. I let the helmet dry and it looks pretty good. Today I am going to do some painting and decals. To start out you will need some stuff. I have pretty much everything here that I am going to need. Paint, brushes, q-tips, thinner, etc...

WwGUQvZ.jpg

I start out by using the photos I have collected from the internet as guides. I am going to use a pencil here to draw a faint line as a guide for the frown. Keep referring to the pics. Notice how the left hand side of the Dave M helmets frown never gets to the 5th tooth? I like that.

Ā 

KVeaAjC.jpg

SH0YGA5.jpg

NrnP7uu.jpg

Ā 

I0W5Tdx.jpg

OK its paintin' time take a brush load and go for it. Dont load the brush alot because Humbrol runs easily. Paint along the lines of your frown that you made.....Refer to the reference helmet pics for accuracy. If you are a little off dont sweat it. Its going to look better than anything that was on screen!

NrnP7uu.jpg

EgZoWJN.jpg

Ā 

p1S4O50.jpg

Ā 

RyzqWnQ.jpg

I decided to use the stickers that were provided in the kit rather than hand painting the details. I have hand painted them before, but for this tutorial I decided to use what was in the kit. Maybe on a later date I will do a thread on painting the details. I have yet to do the tube stripes, but I am figuring it out still...

Ā 

I used a utility knife to make small holes in the occasional bubble. :)

Ā 

TUrSd4j.jpg

Xjlr4u5.jpg

qj7w7c8.jpg

FWoaoil.jpg

dDM82ox.jpg

qP8z26f.jpg

bOlnxIU.jpg

Next I will put on the pinstripe tape. I got tired of having to paint a pinstripe on the ears and thanks to a friend (Chris) I saw how easy it was to just use pinstripe tape. It looks great and if you mess up.....just do it again... I like that :) You can get the tape at any auto parts store. Unfortunately the place I went to only had the two strip tape...I went ahead and bought it. I just cut the parts off that I didnt need.

Ā 

You just start at the bottom of the ear and work your way around. When you come full circle just cut the tape with an exacto knife or a utility knife.

Ā 

l9nT5BN.jpg

H6Vid09.jpg

dgLyFuO.jpg

TkHvRUN.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

AlAG8QF.jpg