CRL Question on Centurion requirements on ROTJ E-11

So I just got my Hyperfirm ROTJ E-11, and was looking at it vs the CRL.

This is the CRL that I have questions on:

Scratch-built, resin cast, Hyperfirm rubber cast blasters shall have a total of 7 U shaped channels on blaster (all holes on barrel shall be covered).

The problem there is the pictures I find of ROTJ blasters do NOT have the holes covered see here from Parts of Star wars :

e11_rotj1.gif

e11_rotj2.gif

Here is the other thing I have a question on:

The muzzle will be unlike the normal ANH style. It shall be flat with two counter sunk Allen bolts (one located at the four o’clock position and one located at the ten ‘o’clock position).

The pictures I could find of a real MGC front looks like this:

sterlingmgc3.jpg

That is more like 1 and 7 oclock?

5309788746_e4518176a1_o.jpg

and this one that is a trooper blaster built on a real MGC by Solodallas that has them at 3 and 6. Is it just a matter of how you reassemble the MGC as to how the Bolts turn out?

Now of course I ask this because the Hyperfirm has them at 3 and 6. I can cut and rotate, but I would want it at the right spot. Just wondering how the CRL came up with the 4 and 10 is all.

Thanks!

Edited by rhapsodyred99

Here's a real one:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0coUMMi41BA?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Skip to about 0:50.

Seems Hyperfirm are right, and our CRL needs a touch up...

EDIT: ARGH! YouTube encoding is escaping me right now!

Just use the link, mm'kay?

Edited by Darth Furious

The video is interesting when you look at when he is holding it from the right the bolts look a bit off center, then when it switches to the left view (about :58) they look like they are at 3 and 6.

So I wonder if he took it apart and cleaned it between shots and the reassembly is what makes the bolts go where it gets tightened up. Maybe the whole end rotates around until its secured? So theoretically unlike an L2A3 that has a fixed front muzzle, the MGC's can rotate?

I dunno I found a picture on the model gun forums of how to strip an MCG and it had the bolts at 12 and 6....

StirlingMuzzle1.jpg

http://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/t2211-mgc-stirling-basic-strip-down-guide

Replicating a screen used prop is never wrong. Replicating a replica is a bad idea unless you know that that replica is an exact copy. As for the clock positions of the forward screws, I don't know how they ended up in the CRL, and I don't think it matters. If the screen used props have 1 hole un-covered like the above partsofsw-picture, then I'd say it's fine to replicate that.

I've always wondered why the CRL states that about the muzzle too. I have no idea but on the real MGCs that entire front plate is attached to the barrel and the entire thing rotates as one piece. I hope that makes sense or the pic below helps show what I mean, ignore the L2A3 the pic was taken to show the differences a while ago.

dscf1022z.jpg

The other thing is that these are quite easy to unscrew (you can do it by hand) so it is quite plausible they rotated quite a bit during filming if only from the actors playing with them.

Edited by SamJ

i got a real MGC that I am working on making into an ROTJ style E11, and the allen bolts are at 11-ish and 5-ish.......

No worries, as long as your ROTJ blaster hit the major points (looks correct) do not worry about the "4 and 10".......10-4 :duim: I made a joke.....

FYI, I been doing the refining (Cleaning up) of the CRLs (all TKs) wanting to get all of the 9 CRL's done, plus the Endor ROTJ split as well, before updating anything. Stay tuned.

FYI, I been doing the refining (Cleaning up) of the CRLs (all TKs) wanting to get all of the 9 CRL's done, plus the Endor ROTJ split as well, before updating anything. Stay tuned.

Okay, total hijack here...

Can you please fix the T-tracks requirement on the ESB (promo/stunt greeblie) blaster while you're at it?? (pretty please?)

Okay, total hijack here...

Can you please fix the T-tracks requirement on the ESB (promo/stunt greeblie) blaster while you're at it?? (pretty please?)

Ten... 1000, all in advance.........

hansolo_cantina.jpg

Just kidding :P:D:P:D:P:D:P unless you want to send me 10,000.

The ESB promo is on my list that I am fixing/updating.

I have been working on the cleaning/updating the CRLs and I have been going over them with a fine tooth comb. I want to make sure that all the verbiage is correct. (not an overnight happy meal thing) But making sure they understandable not only for the new members, but Vets as well.

someone please correct me if im wrong here but the MGC sterling barrel screws onto the receiver so the allen screw could end up in any position depending on where the threads were cut on the 2 pieces meaning that any position is technically correct?

someone please correct me if im wrong here but the MGC sterling barrel screws onto the receiver so the allen screw could end up in any position depending on where the threads were cut on the 2 pieces meaning that any position is technically correct?

That's the assumtion I would make. Given how hard the MGC is to find it's not easy to find good references.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

• 1 month later...

After reading through this, I admit being a little confused still on the hyperfirm's allen bolts being at the 3 & 6 o'clock position. Do they have to be in the 4 & 10 o'clock position, or has this since changed for the requirements for Centurion?

I'm only asking because I plan on getting one and am researching what all needs to be modded.

I know it will still need the forward d-ring. Is there anything else that would prevent a hyperfirm from being Centurion?

Thanks! :)

After reading through this, I admit being a little confused still on the hyperfirm's allen bolts being at the 3 & 6 o'clock position. Do they have to be in the 4 & 10 o'clock position, or has this since changed for the requirements for Centurion?

I'm only asking because I plan on getting one and am researching what all needs to be modded.

I know it will still need the forward d-ring. Is there anything else that would prevent a hyperfirm from being Centurion?

Thanks! :)

This is something that is an error that I am working on fixing, like Mathias said ignore it. ;)

i

• 2 years later...

I've always wondered why the CRL states that about the muzzle too. I have no idea but on the real MGCs that entire front plate is attached to the barrel and the entire thing rotates as one piece. I hope that makes sense or the pic below helps show what I mean, ignore the L2A3 the pic was taken to show the differences a while ago.

dscf1022z.jpg

The other thing is that these are quite easy to unscrew (you can do it by hand) so it is quite plausible they rotated quite a bit during filming if only from the actors playing with them.

Hi guys,

short question did they use the same size of allen bolts for the MGC muzzle? Or are they smaller than the bolts in the ANH muzzle?

thx a lot