Something Missing @ Indiana State Fair...

Bloodfin Garrison and Fire Team 500 Trooped 2 Saturdays in a row for the Indiana State Museum @ The Indiana State Fair. We were advertising for the Star Wars, Where Science Meets Imagination Exhibit that will be at the Indiana State Museum all summer in 2013!!

Here are pics from 8/4/12:

555613_3991657404202_1203161852_n.jpg003-1.jpg

This is Jenny Riddle in her TK and me in my Stormtrooper Commander Uniform.

002-4.jpg

Now from 8/11/12, see if you can see what is missing...

480032_4371887745723_1812767439_n.jpg

625640_4371886505692_192368841_n.jpg

547249_4371892665846_406080342_n.jpg

Rick Smilely and myself in our TK's, representing Fire Team 500. Stromtroopers kissing babies...what is the World coming too?

215510_4371889785774_98981123_n.jpg

553511_4371892265836_879091494_n.jpg

See what's missing? They were asked to have us not carry our blasters this week because ONE person out of Thousands complained!! We even had the ok from security and the Indiana State Police on the 4th. Make sure everyone is aware and ok with the prop weapons now thanks to the Whacko in CO. I was lost without my BFG in my HWT... We still had a great time, felt a little "naked" though.

Edited by captsafe66

I understand.

I did without my blaster this last week too. A shooter here took lives last weekend at a temple in my community. We didn't think that the blaster would effect the kids I worked with, but felt that it could especially make adults feel uncomfortable given the tragic events in the area.

I was just glad that they let me come, since there were concerns about representing a character that in the movies is a soldier who shoots at people. I do think the distance of an event several states away is much different than when someone opens fire five minutes from where you will be trooping. For me I really understood the concerns and was very open about the fact that I would be leaving the weapon potion of my costume at home.

In the end I was actually glad that I didn't have it because I am sure that some of the campers that were a little less than well behaved would have undoubtedly been grabbing for it.

And you guys look great anyways with both hands to hold babies!

Edited by Dracos

I understand.

I did without my blaster this last week too. A shooter here took lives last weekend at a temple in my community. We didn't think that the blaster would effect the kids I worked with, but felt that it could especially make adults feel uncomfortable given the tragic events in the area.

I was just glad that they let me come, since there were concerns about representing a character that in the movies is a soldier who shoots at people. I do think the distance of an event several states away is much different than when someone opens fire five minutes from where you will be trooping. For me I really understood the concerns and was very open about the fact that I would be leaving the weapon potion of my costume at home.

In the end I was actually glad that I didn't have it because I am sure that some of the campers that were a little less than well behaved would have undoubtedly been grabbing for it.

And you guys look great anyways with both hands to hold babies!

Mysie, where are you from?