1.5 mm vs 2.0 mm ABS plastic?

I'm in a quandary trying to decide which ABS plastic to get for my suit...1.5 mm or 2.0 mm. I'm going with TM armor. I know the 1.5 is more like the original suit and is lighter and more flexible than 2.0, but the bright white and glossiness of the 2.0 mm is so tempting. What do you have and why did you decide to go with your decision? Any pics or links to the difference is color and glossiness is welcome as well. Thanks for your input.

I know. One is lighter and more flexible and one is more "armor like" and glossy, but not as flexible and could "break" easier if bent too much. I know I won't be playing football in it, but just looking at all options.

I went through this dilemma and i chose TM's 1.5 in the end because i wanted it to flex and originality, also just to be safe. I wanted the sharpness. But i could be wrong about sharpness. I really liked the acrylic capped but originality won the battle.

I have the 2mm Acrylic Capped TM, but I only chose that because that was what he had most readily available at the time, had I chosen again, I might have gone for the 1,5mm, because it's closer to the originals, behaves similar and is sharper in the details.

Ā 

Although you have RS Propmasters PVC armor, which is both in a slim gauge, and super shiny as well as VERY sharp. So IF I should have gone for an armor today (as an addition to my TM) I think I might have gone for the RS PVC.

• 4 weeks later...

I think that the newer sets of TM 1.5 mm ABS is almost as shiny as the 2 mm acrylic capped.

Ā 

If I were to get a new armour that's what I would go for as well.