My buddies anh build

I helped my buddy put this armor together, trying to get it done and get him his EIB. He is already has a TK but his old one was a mix of FX and AP and he is way to skinny for that one and it was his first and it didn't fit him very well. I am going to post some pics just wanting to see what you guys think and if i should change anything so we can get him submitted for the EIB.

IMG_7596.jpg

IMG_7598.jpg

IMG_7604.jpg

IMG_7606.jpg

IMG_7607.jpg

IMG_7608.jpg

IMG_7611.jpg

IMG_7615.jpg

IMG_7616.jpg

IMG_7619.jpg

I think you could bring the chest up a bit ,you shouldn't be able to see that amount of black under the helmet.

+1 on that, unless he has a long body. Harness can help with it. Other than that drop the biceps a little and he's good to go I think. Is he knee ammo belt a little crooked or is it just me.

Ok thanks guys alot of that stuff i told him to change, he has his chest and back to tight and i told him to loosen that up and i also told hime to paint his frown correctly. He is a young guy and doesn't take direction very well so hopefully he takes my advice and now your guys advice. He still needs to finish glueing down his knee to the shin so hopefully that will straighten the plate out. I showed him my armor and then told him what he needs to fix but we live in a totally different city so i have to drive to him to make sure he does the changes before we submit for his EIB. Eit.. wow Bigironvault i just barely noticed that my girlfriend(she is a tb) told me when we were taking pics of him again i showed him what to do but when he did it on his own i guess he never looked to make sure it was straight,also it does look like his thermal det is glued upside down i will let him know about that also.Ii will get him to fix this before he goes for EIB

Edited by TK1636

We finished his armor about two weeks ago, he said he was going to post it on here after he made a few changes. I think he is a little scared how people will react and if he will get his EIB. He is only 19 so i don't think he can take constuctive criticsm and might not put in for EIB. I told him is armor fits him well and just to post it up and ask what if anything needs to be fixed. I can only do so much and it needs more eyes on to find any discrepancy. Thanks cardiac i want to help you get your EIB so we need to get together one of these days!

First off, I am not against advice, constructive advice. Second, I am not used to taking orders. I am not in the military nor do I have any interest in being so. Advice is fine, when it sounds like an order, not so much. Third, I can make changes on my own and fix the problems. Keep in mind I have a life as well. Just got a new job and had training for 3 days. I cant do work, nor should I when I am exhausted.

Now, onto the advice given. Thermal det is an easy fix, so is the paint job on the helmet. At one point I was considering getting a new helmet, I still may. What should be mentioned is that the new armor didnt quite match the helmet so I had to paint the helmet. I will most likely have to do the same to any new helmet as well. The chest and back will be a tougher fix... I dont know exactly how to fix that. That is a bit more.... technical. And advice it that regard would be nice. And lastly, the knees. The knee plate really doesnt have much to hold onto. The angle makes it hard to glue to the shin. I wanted to simply rivet the knee into place which would work the best. I know everyone says there shouldnt be a rivet on the sides, but If you notice in the info regarding the knee for centurion it says "Ideally" there should be no visible rivets. It doesnt say absolutely none visible. The ammo knee/thigh is lined up to meet at the top of the raised edges on either side of the thigh. The center box on that is lined up with the strip in the center. It is also not specified as to the straightness of the knee/thigh part.

So, now that I've said all I needed to, any other comments?

Hard to say whats going on with the thigh ammo belt.Could you take a pic of the ammo belt from the inside so we can whats going on there?

Maybe if you pull it down a bit to expose a bit of the join line.

The sniper plate on the left knee looks fine to me.

Edited by DudeSidious

Hey Candymanq, it's looking good. Great work!

Looks like the drop boxes need to come forward a bit.

On the sniper plate, i cut two strips of cover strip leftover about 4 or 5" long and placed them in my little makeshift "oven" (hairdryer blowing into a tin can wrapped in a towel. After a minute or two, i pulled them out and bent them each in half creating a "V" shape with a tight angle.. maybe 30 degrees or so. I then mounted the sniper plate where i wanted it, then dropped the "V" strips down between the sniper plate and the upper finish trim edge of the shin. I trimmed them down to fit, marked on the shin where they fit best, removed the sniper plate, then glued/clamped them in place to the shin. I then put then sniper plate back in place, and glued between the "V"s and the sniper plate as well as put a dab of glue between the top of the coverstrip and the sniper plate. I'll try to get you some pics to show you what i mean.

Control panel on the o2 tank does look upside down. Easy fix.

The knee ammo pack does have a tendency to mount like you have it there unless you do a mod. A third mounting point/bolt helps vastly. I added a "U" shaped piece to the inside of the left-most "box" in the ammo pack (as you're looking straight on at it) that was half the length of the inside of the box (the hollow inside of the box). I then drilled into the "U" plate through the bottom of the thigh and bolted it to the bottom of the thigh to keep it from kicking out like it is on yours. It lets you drop the front down creating a horizontal line with the orientation of the band, allowing the seam to show at the bottom. It's hard to explain so I'll get a picture of that too.

DudeSidious mentioned the chest armor but i wonder if you just raised the entire thing? Just looking at where the cod piece is, it seems like it could come up a bit. Maybe I'm off but try raising it all together and see how that looks. Doesn't need much at all.

What color are your tube stripes?

Best regards! :)

Daryl

Makes sense about the sniper knee plate, might do that. The ammo knee/thigh isnt too big a deal I think. For now I might just leave that alone. When I attached that I wanted it to look symetrical on both sides, meeting up with the top of the raised edges like on pic number 6. The inside thigh looks the same as the outside in that regard. I know the whole thing might need raised up so it sits more comfortably, and by that I mean the upper and lower torso. I did bend in the lower butt plate to be more curved into the cod piece. It was more flat before, therefore pulling the whole torso down a bit. I was thinking of moving the inside snaps on the chest down, therefore allowing me to slide the chest up a bit. I am 5'11 so I am a tall guy. My tube stripes are the blue recomended, they just look darker in the pic.

Edited by candymanq

• 3 weeks later...