ABS Plastic paste

Question a garrison member told me that you can make a paste using abs plastic and cement has any tried it I need to use it to fill in some gaps. He took my armor and over lapped we tried to take it apart but that cement works too good and we had a hard time get the over laps apart so we stop before I broke my abs plastic and now we have strips on top of that. we talked about using calk but after awhile that calk turns bad so what are your thought of making a paste to fill in the crack on one side. I would love to get EIB status but I hope this does not stop me from getting it and I should be able to get approved by the 501st with my little problem right?

I would use ABS paste sparingly and for smaller issues or as little bits of glue. However, for larger errors I would reinforce and try some bondo or something a little more easy to sand & set.

Liquify your ABS shreds & fine scraps (I shaved down edges with an exacto) in some pure acetone (no coloration added).

Beware though not to use the mixture on thinner sections of ABS (e.g. on the helmet face plate where the ABS can be less than 1mm thick) as the acetone in the paste may soften or even melt the ABS you are applying it to. The paste is a good solution though for the thicker sections of ABS such the thighs and biceps.

you don't use cement, or glue.

certain solvents melt abs and the result is a thick melted mass that when evaporated

it forms into a sandable and polish ready surface.

it's not perfect, but it comes close.

you have to use the proper tools in a industrial situation to properly handle ABS paste

and you have to make it from the plastic that your armor is made from to match the color.

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392