Bucket Heeeeelp!

Ok guys, I have tried the foam padding for the helmet, I have tried the military helmet pads and both did not work for me. My last attempt toget my bucket to stay on my melon is the construction helmet suspension system. I need suggestions and help. I am not sure what else to do.

Thanks in advance

Patrick

I used the foam from a jr size batters helmet I got for 10 bucks. Cut out the foam and used Velcro to hold it to the sides of the helmet. It even has holes cut out for your ears so its super comfy. Good Luck.

I found it impossible to get a hardhat liner into my lid. I've tried foam and it wasn't enough. I now have a combo of a little foam and baseball helmet padding. I think it's more about the positioning and thickness of the padding and less about what it is to get it to fit right and in a way you like.

Yeah I tried the clover leaf to the best I could. Is there someone who may have a pattern of the clover leaf? I may try it again just in case I goofed the first time. I may try the batters helmet idea too. Thanks to everyone for your help.

Patrick

I am using a hard hat liner right now but may try to modify the foam that came with my armor sometime in future so it will fit. I am sure it will be more comfortable, but with school starting in one week I just wanted to get my armor done before I went back to teaching, so that meant not spending time on the foam lining for now.

I used a piece of foam on the top and a couple of squares covering the earscrews just to stop it bobbling about.

different things will work for different folks though so it may be best just to experiment.

It took a few tries before i found something that worked for me :)

Patrick,

I myself ran into that problem until I was able to figure out a solution. It cost me less then $10. I used the Mitch pad (Circle) velcroed to the center, Mitch side support pads two on the left and two on the right. I placed the Kevlar Donut pad in the front (by the forehead) and one in the back of my head. Both donut pads where cut in half and adjust for the support to keep the helmet in place. There are two types of Mitch padding. Black (Small) Grey(currently used as one size fits all.) and they are actually thicker and can help with what you may have issues with. I chose black because it just fit better for me. They can be bought on line for around $30 for a complete set of six or, just go to your local or nearest army surplus and pick them up for around $3. They are washable so wash them first. I hope this helps as I did see you have already tried. I was not ready to by baseball, football or bike helmets just for the padding. Best of luck, these guys and gals have great ideas and have helped me out tremendously.

V/R

Tim