Bicep hooks

Madmartigan

Maybe can get Paul or someone else to chime in: I think bicep hooks might help solve the problem of mine dropping down more than I'd like. But I take it there were not molded on the original armor. What were they made of, how were they attached, and does anyone have a reasonable feel for how to recreate them?

Thanks!

C

Locitus has some pretty good pictures of how he formed his: http://www.whitearmo...=40#entry154717

Here's a good shot of how TM placed them on a suit he built: http://www.whitearmo...83

You can also see an example in the archive pictures: http://www.whitearmo...L-JoeR_Arms.jpg (although the angle isn't all that great, maybe someone else knows where to find a better one)

I formed mine using some spare cover strip material and a heat gun. I heated them and bent them by hand with leather gloves until I had a hook that could reach over the return edge. I used the shaft of a large screwdriver to form the curve around. As for attaching them, I glued them with E6000. So far so good, they do seem to help keep the arms from falling down.

DSCN1050.JPG

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Hi, can ABS be heated with a hair dryer? Sorry for the simple question, just trying to save the € on buying tools I may only use a couple of times.

Thanks!

Hi, can ABS be heated with a hair dryer? Sorry for the simple question, just trying to save the € on buying tools I may only use a couple of times.

Thanks!

It depends on how hot your hair dryer is.

Thanks!

Hi, I tried bending ABS with my wife's hairdryer. She wasn't happy :D and it wasn't hot enough anyway.

It's surprising how often I've used a heat gun (bought specifically for stormtrooper stuff). It only cost £15 (€18?)

Boiling water isn't hot enough to bend the hooks? I would think it would be, since it's used to reshape so many other parts. No new tools needed. :) (unless you don't have a pot to boil water in)

I use a non stick iron, yep the same one I iron my clothes with.

You just hold the abs against it for a few seconds at a time on both sides and keep checking the bend ability, then bend it. It works perfectly every time. I have made quite a few for garrison mates.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1