Carolina Garrison Invades Joe Riley Stadium (Charleston, SC)

Yesterday afternoon the Carolina Garrison invaded Joe Riley Stadium in Charleston, SC for another Star Wars Day. It was very hot but the fans loved us and we had a blast serving the Empire.

In attendance were:

TD 4734

TB 0933

TI 8560

TK 3855

TD 5945 (My first official deployment)

One area to note- we met up with a local bounty hunter, not affiliated with the 501st. He had a trophy frozen in Carbonite. Seeing that he was a supporter of the Empire, we allowed him to maintain his presence.

DSC_1064.jpg.b9f3d4cddf71546f7e2ca140d40f45b2.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

a good friend of mine came along. He does photography on the side. He's got a sweet Nikon camera and he took 100+ photos. It was a very fun troop. Hope to plan more in the near future. The fans at the baseball game loved us. We took lots of photos w/ kids and families as well as signed some autographs.

Awesome Jason!!!! I missed out on this troop (wanted to be there), but was at another troop the day before and then committed to helping with some armor builds Sunday....

Maybe next time! great pix man!

Great pics Jason! I like when the Troopers try on people's hats.... especially that ladies hat! Too funny... :laugh1:

Thanks for sharing. You guys did an awesome job. Kids can't resist a fist-bump or a high five.

Very cool. Great-looking sandys you have there. :)

The Han in Carbonite looks a bit, unusual. Who was the model?

Thanks...I was one of the Sandys. The carbonite trophy was some kind of anime female. Someone locally made it and wanted to bring it along. I would have preferred a Han Solo in Carbonite personally but it was still interesting

Edited by silverBoyd

Awesome Jason!!!! I missed out on this troop (wanted to be there), but was at another troop the day before and then committed to helping with some armor builds Sunday....

Maybe next time! great pix man!

Thanks. I can't wait to meet some more of my Garrison family

Sweet! That one kid is totally blasting his mother - how wooood!

What's with the elevator, chicken?!

Love the hi-fives and big smiles on the fans!

the elevator was used to go up to the sky boxes at the stadium. There was a kid having a bday in one and we went up to surprise him.