RS Express Build [*RS]

This is where you should put your rivets. I know it's too late for you but I hope this will help someone else before they attempt to attach the belt in the wrong place.

RSbelt.jpg

Thanks Paul. :)

Why i put them where I did is because I saw indentations where I think the original rivets where at. Acting without thinking. But if that is the only thing I did worthy of comment from you then I´m most pleased. :D

Trust me, you did not see where the original rivets were. More like a flaw in the forming tool since the belt is sculpted, not original cast.

Fair enough. :)

There's three dimples 2 either side and 1 in the middle,I thought the same thing drill marks.I had a quick look on there facebook and it looks like that's how they make there belts. couldn't find a photo of there original.

Yes three dimples which correspond to the black marks on the canvas belt. I have not attached mine yet, but the three dimples match the three black dots on the canvas belt where they tell you to put the rivets.

Paul I was going to use this as a guide (found it in another belt thread is this one wrong?

MainKneeAmmobeltdims03.jpg

Based on this template, if I trim my RS belt to have an inch and a half between the last box and the edge, the dimple they have placed (and the black dots on the belt) is 3/4 of an inch in. Until I saw this thread I thought that made it correct...

Edited by rhapsodyred99

interesting stuff,i recieved my armour the other day and would of done the same thing with the belt!

Now you know how not to do it. :)

the rivet right on the end of the belt makes sense because it holds the ends of the plastic to the belt.though maybe they were not all made that way.After all RS has an original belt to copy off.

Edited by DudeSidious

It's still fixable.. Just trim the excess off from the ends of the belt, then re-do the corners. It would be fine.

Heck it could be worse! I just assembled my entire belt (riveted holster, plastic belt, drop boxes) and added original Newey England snaps to it... only to find out the "original sized" RS canvas belt I bought is 3" too SHORT!! The velcro won't even overlap when the ab, and kidney are lined up back to back. Really pinged off about this...

It's still fixable.. Just trim the excess off from the ends of the belt, then re-do the corners. It would be fine.

Heck it could be worse! I just assembled my entire belt (riveted holster, plastic belt, drop boxes) and added original Newey England snaps to it... only to find out the "original sized" RS canvas belt I bought is 3" too SHORT!! The velcro won't even overlap when the ab, and kidney are lined up back to back. Really pinged off about this...

Possibly, but this suit is not in my possession anymore. I built it with and for a friend.

So how did it turn out?any photos?

I don't have anything more than what's posted here. It's up to Donny to finish the strapping and suit up for photos.

• 2 months later...

Well, here's the first full body picture I've seen, and while I wasn't involved in the final fitting of all the parts, it turned out pretty good I think.

19244210151229471572779.jpg