First troop..San Diego Comic Con 2012

tbo

Here are just a few of the many photos that were taken on my very first time trooping, at the 2012 San Diego Comic Con. I had attempted sending out my approval photos to be admitted in to the 501st, but my hotel had terrible service and the zero wifi! I finally had gotten my suit completed just 12 or so hours before my flight had left for California, and it would not have been possible if it weren't for Soldermaster. It was my first time attending SDCC and though I wished I could have gotten to mingle a bit more, I was too busy trying to see everything there was to see!

Here I am getting on the bus..and apparently California law states that everyone must be seated on the bus while its moving..which resulted in me having a snap fail before I even made it there.

0Ajrg.jpg

Got off the bus and didn't make it more than three steps until people kept coming for pictures!

LziZZh.jpg

Met this guy who has a pepakura foam iron man suit. This is next on my list of costumes to make.

zBZU3h.jpg

vCOT3h.jpg

One of San Diego's finest.

K1Wg0h.jpg

KZk9kh.jpg

5BoeEh.jpg

Putting an AT&T rep on her knees.

9TPakh.jpg

R5AjTh.jpg

George RR Martin anyone?

Bqjmeh.jpg

qPK4Lh.jpg

Me and the girlfriend.

1GRDVh.jpg

Dancing with Wonderwoman

dAcESh.jpg

The only TK willing to strike a pose.

8dublh.jpg

Probably the coolest thing that happened to me at SDCC

6XAIUh.jpg

aKf7ch.jpg

GmV5qh.jpg

So I may or may not have put my armor back on incorrectly after using the restroom..and after about an hour and 100's of photos later I realized this :(

Edited by tbo

Awesome pictures for a first troop! Those celeb pics... :P

And don't sweat for the armor put on incorrectly. Happens to the best of us, and we have proof that you really had a good time!

Awesome! My first time ever in armor was also at sdcc last year but I took the trolley instead of the shuttle. Congrats and welcome, I'm sure every troop from now on will seem like a piece of cake ;p

Wow, what an event for a first troop! :D I thought about holding off my first troop for CVI but couldn't resist suiting up for the events recently! hehe.

Yes, very VERY brave and dedicated to do SDCC for a first troop! :) Looks like you had an awesome time, though, and without too many issues! Good job!

Were you in the photo Saturday? How could I have missed you? :sSW_deathstar: You look great in that kit.

Yes, very VERY brave and dedicated to do SDCC for a first troop! :) Looks like you had an awesome time, though, and without too many issues! Good job!

Were you in the photo Saturday? How could I have missed you? :sSW_deathstar: You look great in that kit.

Thanks!

I was not in the photo..I wasn't even aware of any such thing happening! I was too busy running around trying to see everything that I possibly could..and as you can tell from the photos I got lucky and ran in to some great people.