This ebay seller selling some armor pieces you guys recommend?

TrooperJesse

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300744250898#ht_1310wt_1219 hopefully you guys give me some advice, i want to make my own suit before comic con 2013 hopefully i can do it. I already purchased a helm from XFX which looks pretty legit if i may say. So if anyone has any advice please let me know asap :). Thanks in advance

NEGATIVE on both of those.

The second one is fiberglass which is :vomit-into-the-toilet:

See this thread for proper manufacturers: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=11538

A good rule of thumb is to just avoid ebay all together.

The first one is Styrene, generally it is not as strong as ABs and will snap, break, and crack much easier. I'd stay away from it personally.

The second suit is made form Fiberglass. while fiberglass is stronger and can have a longer lifespan, it will be heavier and will never really match up to a good suit of ABS.

If you MUST go ebay, make sure it's ABS.

But like others say, stay away from ebay, 90% are recasts from manufacturers/fan made and will never match the quality of the originals. Cheaper, but if you are going to take the plunge, go with a reputed maker from this website.

Also keep in mind, after you buy the suit, you're still looking at several hundred $$$ in accessories. Gun, holster, gloves, helmet padding, helmet fans, boots. It would be a shame to spend that, plus the $$$ on the suit, then the suit is crap and you just wasted $300-500 and have to buy another suit because the one you guy is thin, cracked somewhere, improperly pulled. The list goes on and on.

Edited by Dday

Styrene bad. I can snap that with my hands. Dday has it completely right. This is one hobby that you get what you pay for. :)

It's also a black hole for money but we won't tell our significant others that. haha.

Also this is another seller one in which i am bidding for..http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAR-WARS-STORM-TROOPER-ARMOR-COSTUME-MASK-HELMET-501ST-1-1-LIFE-SIZE-KIT-NEW-/271019677258#ht_1096wt_1219 do you guys agree i should?

Pray that someone outbids you on this one because that helmet is the biggest P.O.S. I've ever seen!

$T2eC16FHJHwE9n8igsLzBQBMHFGhsQ~~60_57.JPG

The brow trim is too thin, it doesn't even have lenses in it, the cutting job on the teeth is horrible and what's up with those mic tips???? They look like twisty caps from bottles, there isn't even any mesh in them at all!

Oh and the tube strips are too low as well and have been put on BACKWARDS!!!!

Here is a photo of what a real helmet looks like:

bigturc_AP%20helmet.jpg

Edited by bluehickey

There are loads of reputable buyers on this forum. Just AVOID eBay and you will get sorted with top quality fan made armour!

Sellers on here include:

RS Props

TM

CfO

ATA

Authentic Props

To name a few...

JoeR

There are loads of reputable buyers on this forum. Just AVOID eBay and you will get sorted with top quality fan made armour!

Sellers on here include:

RS Props

TM

CfO

ATA

Authentic Props

To name a few...

JoeR

Do you know who sells some? I really want to get me a suit. I wish I could make one but I know I am not capable of doing one lol.

See this thread for proper manufacturers: http://www.whitearmo...showtopic=11538

A good rule of thumb is to just avoid ebay all together.

You need to contact the sellers listed in the link ... show some self-initiative, because 99% of the questions you might want to ask, have already been asked by other people and the answers can be found in this forum.

You only have to search for it.

I don´t want to discourage you, but it takes time plunge into this issue.

So read, read, read. :coffee2:

I sense that you want to rush into your armor, but like many of us, who started with this stuff, you have to learn to be patient.

You have to make up your mind about what kind of armor you really want. What episode (see http://starwarshelmets.com/)?what material?where to buy?do it yourself? buy an already built one?

Take your time, read carefully and when you have any questions after this, just ask them.

You need to contact the sellers listed in the link ... show some self-initiative, because 99% of the questions you might want to ask, have already been asked by other people and the answers can be found in this forum.

You only have to search for it.

I don´t want to discourage you, but it takes time plunge into this issue.

So read, read, read. :coffee2:

I sense that you want to rush into your armor, but like many of us, who started with this stuff, you have to learn to be patient.

You have to make up your mind about what kind of armor you really want. What episode (see http://starwarshelmets.com/)?what material?where to buy?do it yourself? buy an already built one?

Take your time, read carefully and when you have any questions after this, just ask them.

Like Minuteman said, use the search button and look around. Go to the section where members are requesting Expert Infantry and Centurion Status. You can learn alot in there and see different types of armor or look at different armor builds members have posted. I've done all this and narrowed down my choice from whom I'm going to get my kit from.

...and are willing to roll the dice.

+1, especially with TK stuff. For some other costumes (*ahem* my Cobra Commander) it is okay since there isn't quite yet detachments and other consolidated websites for vendors to congregate yet, but TK stuff on ebay is really a big risk.

Edited by bigironvault