Bigironvault's ANH Build [*AP]

***** UPDATE *****

One more thing to go! Those latex handguards can't come soon enough and then it's time for Centurion application!

***** UPDATE *****

Expert Infantry accomplished! http://www.whitearmo...showtopic=20424

The road to centurion begins today with some male snaps! Here's my checklist. Realistically only TWO more things that need to be done before Centurion photos! Getting there...

Helmet

• Neck trim shall be of an s-type profile rather than a u-type profile.
  • Tears/traps shall be hand painted or use decals that emulate hand painted (with correct ANH TK details).

Shoulder Straps

• These shall free float in back.
  • These shall be glued in front.
  • The plastic shoulder straps need to be held down in the back via a white elastic band to the white fabric that connects/bridges the chest and back piece.

Forearms

• No return edge on the inside of the front of the forearm is allowed.

Hand Plates

• Hand guards shall be latex or latex-like, painted white, affixed to rubber gloves in lieu of plastic hand guards.

Gloves

• Gloves shall be rubber or rubber-like chemical gloves, in black.

Chest

• Chest and back shall be connected with a white fabric or preferably elastic strap at the shoulders.
  • Ideally the AM/FX style chest plate should be replaced with a more screen accurate type. If using an AM/FX style chest plate, the bottom and sides shall be trimmed and a new return edge shall be added at the bottom to eliminate the over elongated appearance and to give a more accurate look. See the tutorial: http://www.whitearmo...orial-chestback

Back

• Back plate shall have no, or minimal overlap of the kidney plate.
  • Ideally the AM/FX style back plate should be replaced with a more screen accurate type. If using an AM/FX style back plate it shall have no, or minimal overlap of the kidney plate. and shall be reshaped to emulate a screen used back plate by properly trimming and re-shaping (stretching) the left and right edges of the armor to contour to your body. Note: There is currently no tutorial available for this, but you can see an example of this Mod and visual comparison at whitearmor.net

Abdomen Plate

• Ideally there should be no gap between the ab and kidney plates, just a single visible seam line.
  • Rivets on the left side of the ab plate: a total of three rivets, the heads should be approximately 5/16" (8mm) diameter and equally spaced out along the depth of the armor and about 10mm from the edge. They may be painted white, or not. Note:For the original used TK armor, this type of rivets where, bifurcated rivets or split rivet.
  • A single male snap on the top right corner of the ab plate shall be present.
  • A single split rivet or brad shall be present on the crotch tab of the ab plate. It does not need to be functional.

Kidney Plate

• Three rivets shall be present on the left side of the kidney plate, the heads should be approximately 5/16"(8mm) diameter and equally spaced out along the depth of the armor and about 10mm from the edge. They may be painted white, or not. Note: For the original used TK armor, this type of rivets where, bifurcated rivets or split rivet.

Butt Plate

• Two male snaps shall be present on the crotch tab of the butt plate. They do not need to be functional.

Belt

• Drop boxes are closed in the back.
  • The corners of the plastic ammo belt shall be trimmed at a 45 degree angle.

Thighs

• The thigh ammo belt shall be connected by brads/split rivets only – but not by standard rivets.
  • The bottom corners of the thigh ammo belt shall be rounded off.

Lower Legs

• Ideally there should be no visible rivets or brads used to secure the sniper plate to the left greave.

Boots

• There shall be no seam on the front of the boot (e.g. CABoots are not allowed).
  • Boots shall be lightly scuffed.

BlasTech E-11

• Hasbro blasters are not allowed, even conversions.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi everyone, after such a long time I'm finally almost there with a lot of help from some great friends. My goal is to first get my TK and then really push for EIB. While I'm almost there there's quite a bit of work that needs to be done (damn my skinny legs). I have to get,

1. My thigh trimmed up right for fit

2. Stop my butt plate from flaring so much

3. Curve my ammo belt a little (I thought I saw a great tutorial on it somewhere here)

4. Fit my canvas belt

5. Make a harness for the thighs

6. Make straps for my handguard

7. Cut my holster for the E-11

Anyways without ado here are some pics!

Obligatory box photo...

xDSC02617.jpg

Laying out the kit

xDSC02640.jpg

It stares at me! "Go ahead make my day"

xDSC02641.jpg

In the meantime, at least I still get to enjoy my lid while doing random stuff around the house....

23s.jpg

Edited by bigironvault

the thighs attach to the ab plate on the inside.

let me see photos of your butt plate and I'll tell you what to do.

when you shorten your canvas belt that will keep your belt curved.

I would not use the plastic hand armor, just get some rubber ones from trooperbay. com

I find throwing it on and running around with it, tells you a lot about all the little details that needs to be worked out. ie. Knee ammo belt falling. Belt clearly needs trimming. And forearms...got to stop them from rotating.

Fixed the knee ammo belt issue. I'm still thinking that I need a harness system inspite of the fact I got my belt to be super tight. I'll do another full fit out tonight. And maybe take some pictures.

Hey Keith,

Congrats on getting your build going! :) Once you get your TK done, you'll have to make one for the little guy.

I put that foam padding stuff that's meant for outside air conditioners inside my forearms and my left knee

plate to help with rotation and stuff. :) Keep up the good work!

Thanks I solved the pesky butt flare problem I've been having. I shortened the kidney butt straps and presto! Solved.

Hey Jenny btw, I think I have to take you up on the offer of a spare E-11. With what happened last week a good source told me to not even try to move anything remotely looking like a gun across the border. :(

looks good on you.The fore arms look to big though and you need tou raise the drop boxes.

Yup on totally on it. Made a ton of changes since then for fit. I'll post some new pics soon!

Getting close now. In these pics my silly ammo box got twisted. Need to shorten even more I think. Right/left thighs needs some foam to pop it out a little. And one of the side snaps pop and no one noticed. But it's getting close now!

DSC02653x.jpg

DSC02658x.jpg

DSC02678x.jpg

Edited by bigironvault

Not a problem, but it might cost you a beer! :)

Thanks I solved the pesky butt flare problem I've been having. I shortened the kidney butt straps and presto! Solved.

Hey Jenny btw, I think I have to take you up on the offer of a spare E-11. With what happened last week a good source told me to not even try to move anything remotely looking like a gun across the border. :(

So now that I'm done with the TK, I'm working on the finer details like "fit"... and how I can get it to fit way better. Started with the thighs as I seem to have "bells" ... went with a strip of foam used in SCA helmets as a brace near the knee area. It sits right on top of the knee and seems to give me superior mobility. (Like I can jump and kick with good control.) I know it's a crazy idea but I think I can make a TK not comfortable but at least "snug".

DSC02682.jpg

I'm in the same boat as you on thighs (chicken legs...)- took a good chunk out of mine and they are still bells on my legs - practicing for my Squad's flash mob dance I can really feel them bouncing around. I have vertical foam strips positioned around the interior, but I am thinking that your pic above with them making 'snug' contact at the top of the thigh might work better, or help what I currently have stay put. Your build is looking great!

Next project - make a better/stronger system to keep the clam shell shut to prevent this from happening. Easy fix really, 2" straps right at the top - conveniently where you need the male snap for Centurion.

DSC02670x.jpg

DSC02668x.jpg

Looking good, Keith. Ever think about adding some velcro onto the top of the butt plate and the inside of your canvas

belt to keep the belt sitting a little lower? That's what all the cool people, like me, do. haaaa ha ... I know, I'm not cool.

...but it's fun to pretend! That's a really good job you did!!!