TK CrowBoots, making of: the new project from Crow62 (CT6244)

Here is the chronic of the making of my TK beta version, there are some changes to do in the final run, first, I am waiting for the italian white elastic webbing, you will see in this project a sewed line in the elastic zone, I added a velcro portion sewed at leather to use it for sujection inside the calf armor, the interior is made with pork leather and out in cow leather.

Here the pics:

IMG_20120713_123007.jpg

IMG_20120713_123016.jpg

IMG_20120713_125514.jpg

IMG_20120713_143431.jpg

IMG_20120713_144825.jpg

IMG_20120713_145131.jpg

IMG_20120713_145451.jpg

continue...

Only up to size 12... so sad, I need a size 15! Can't find them anywhere. If you made a size 15, I'd buy it right now.

interesting prototype.

have you looked at the way the original boots are stitched?

looks like your elastic side panel has a horizontal seam that should not be there.

in the photo below, you notice that there are no vertical seams up the front of the boot,

the side seams are removed, and only side seam is at the lower part of the elastic.

DSC05059.jpgDSC05060.jpgDSC05061.jpg

These photos were taken by TK5144

they show a comparison from the left to right:

Left darksidetrooper

Center painted chelsea boots

Right johnson and murphy's

the painted ones in the center are the most accurate of the 3

they look almost exactly like tk boots.com

notice how all the boots have no seams in the elastic, or front of the boot?

the front seam on all these boots which replicate star wars boots is at the bottom of the elastic

near the heel.

the sole of your boot is more like a work boot, and should be changed for a dress boot, thinner and

not as blocky. yours are too thick. notice how the center boot in the above photo shows a thin

sole that conforms to the boot and curves upwards? the upwards curve is so pronounced that

the front of the sole does not sit flat on the ground.

also check out www.tkboots.com for the latest LEGION approved boot.

I'd show a photo, but the photos are on his site.

your boots are well made, but incorrect in pattern. remove the seams from the front and remove the seam in the elastic and you've got it!

boots.jpg

remove seam 1 remove seam 2

move seam 1 to the blue line

here's a shot of the real thing

I love watching you work! your methods and passion are AMAZING! perhaps you can create boots like the ones below.

ESBMKIIArmour16.jpg

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

Vern has all the goods and is right. Got to be bang on these days if you want to compete, especially since TKboots are just plain screen accurate.

Center boot that Vern posted is not a painted chelsea boot but a TKboots.com-boot.

Here's what a brown unpainted original boot looks like. Same model as screen used, just brown and left in storage.

Boots-1.jpg

OK guys, we are redesigning the boots, all issues are easy to fix, I will upload this afternoon a new test design, I am sure next week all will be fixed.

Thanks to Vern and Mathias by the images sources.

Cheers

Giovanni

CT6244

If you can get them as close as possible to the ones Mathias posted including the elastic, I'd buy 2 pairs as soon as you get them made. :jc_doublethumbup:

Yeah I'd definately be interested in a pair or two.

Center boot that Vern posted is not a painted chelsea boot but a TKboots.com-boot.

Here's what a brown unpainted original boot looks like. Same model as screen used, just brown and left in storage.

post-12157-0-66245000-1342789869.jpg

I did not take the photo you mention...

you post a photo of boots and mention my photo,,, but I did not take the photo... and the

owner of the photo says its a painted boot.

ask him

I did not take the photo below, and the owner claims the center boot is a painted boot.

DSC05059.jpg

post-12157-0-66245000-1342789869.jpg

wow .lot's of claims here...

what does troopermaster have to say about brown boots being original?

Has there been any mention of pricing for these boots yet?

This is the main and most important question...... Will they be less expensive the TK.Boots.

wow .lot's of claims here...

what does troopermaster have to say about brown boots being original?

I think he would agree: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=17075

I did not take the photo you mention...

you post a photo of boots and mention my photo,,, but I did not take the photo... and the

owner of the photo says its a painted boot.

ask him

I did not take the photo below, and the owner claims the center boot is a painted boot.

DSC05059.jpg

The boot on the right is clearly painted. The center boot isn't.

• 3 weeks later...

Nice boots and with the seams sorted will look the part. Here's a few pics of my boots that I've done some major work on. I picked these up here in Australia from an OZ eBayer who advertised them as vintage Chelsea boots. They have leather soles which I repainted, I removed the original elastic as it was stuffed and had new white elastic put in. I ended up pulling the soles off so that I could get a nice professional look when painted. The only real gripe I have with them is that the seam under the elastic is on a slight angle. I'm actually thinking about getting a small piece of leather stiched and glueing it on the boot and filling in where the old stitching is and painting over the top. I used Waproo white leather paint in a pressure pack to paint them. The finish is superb and looks like it was original, factory made.

post-14949-0-97753500-1344258656.jpg

post-14949-0-09317000-1344258742.jpg

post-14949-0-77832500-1344259095.jpg

post-14949-0-45058400-1344259154.jpg

post-14949-0-02367000-1344259343.jpg

Edited by andyoda

• 7 months later...

OK, I am really really close,

This was the previous design:

IMG_20120713_152319.jpg

And this is the stage I am now, here you will see some pics, is only a test, the leather I used its not flat, the elastic is not enough tick, reading posts in this forum I replaced the frontal loop with a little velcro tongue to be attached inside the calf armor, the next time I will show the final design. My goal is to sell in less than 100usd plus shipping, BTW, how long and wide would size the velcro in the upper little tongue must be?

IMG_0189_zps9ec0ab59.jpg

IMG_0190_zpsca33b5b0.jpg

IMG_0191_zps4bdd0a87.jpg

IMG_0192_zpsa2d69938.jpg

Edited by crow62

Looking better :)

I Know this is not the final product, but I don't know about that pebble grain texture. The leather needs to look smoother.

I'd kind of prefer two pull straps instead of velcro, but that's just me.