TM ANH Stormtrooper

Finally got a chance to try out the Stormie built for me by Paul - still waiting on a pair of boots and a holster, but really please with the first pics:

To note, after a mistake on the measurement for my biceps (I'm blaming the wife ;) ) I need to try and make them a bit smaller, so I will be attempting to remove the strips and re-glue. If anyone has any pointers on having done this before, please let me know :huh: ta!

So a few snaps - please let me know your thoughts and if anything that will help this fit better, let me know :)

7575624104_bd7d9e08c5_z.jpg

Stormie Front by Nate Jangotat - Vok'Chi, on Flickr

7575609046_fbd5391ac0_z.jpg

Stormie Right by Nate Jangotat - Vok'Chi, on Flickr

7575614080_d1edb7438a_z.jpg

Stormie Back by Nate Jangotat - Vok'Chi, on Flickr

7575619378_2c1f79a5b8_z.jpg

Stormie Left by Nate Jangotat - Vok'Chi, on Flickr

This is my first stormie so still learning. As mentioned, hoping to take in the biceps and hope this will help bring the shoulder bells a bit.

I have some webbing that holds up the thighs, but was interested to know if anyone has any tips?

Also, if there is anything glaringly wrong, please let me know! ;) Thanks

Hi David. Apart from the bicep and shoulder bell problem that you already mentioned I would rotate the thighs outwards slightly and raise them a bit so that they fill in the gap where they meet the crotch piece.

Hi David and welcome to the FISD , Lovley looking TM there , Are you thinking of trooping this bad boy and joining the UKG ? .

Agree with the biseps being made narrow , women a ;) ,

I would really wait untill you get your boots before you start trimming anything , once you have them, then kit up again with the boots on then you can see if and how much you need to trimm off the bottom of the shins ;).Because looking at your thighs i dont think your going to get them up much higher they look rather snugg were they are at the mo , and dont worrie about the sniper plate going up under the left thigh thats quite screen accruate you know ;)

Hey she sees you as a muscly man I wouldn't complain think of it as a compliment! Her eyes wandered because your a stormtrooper what can you say! Women love stormtroopers/stormtroopers love women and vice-versa!

Thanks guys!

Boots in the post - I have gone for some black chelsea boots to rough up and spray white and will certainly take some more pics before the trimming begins :wacko:

What do you guys recommend for trimming? Stanley knife?

Stephen - I think the aim has always been for 501st approval/UKG acceptance. I currently troop with the Mandalorian Mercs as a custom Mando and Special Edition Boba - going through the process at the moment to get a number etc. Hopefully with the next set of pics , I won't be far off with this kit ;)

James - I think missus likes me in this definitely. B) Nothing but complements and the torso section is fitting like a glove and shaving off a few pounds which helps! :D:laugh1:

What do you guys recommend for trimming? Stanley knife?

"Lexan scissors" cuts through plastic like butter, and gives you great control in those curves. They're cheap too! :)

Hi David. Apart from the bicep and shoulder bell problem that you already mentioned I would rotate the thighs outwards slightly and raise them a bit so that they fill in the gap where they meet the crotch piece.

Hi Rob, is it just that the biceps are too large or is there something about the shoulder bells also that is wrong? Just wondering for my own benefit because I'm entering into the fitting phase with my build.

Thanks!

Daryl

is there something about the shoulder bells also that is wrong?

The gap at the shoulder bells will be reduced once the biceps have been trimmed. The biceps were made to suit the incorrect measurements I was given and are oversized through no fault of my own (just want to make that clear :) ).

Also to note, anyone who is larger than a skinny 70's guy cannot expect to look they do one screen. So if there is still a gap at the bells it is because David is a stocky guy and has nothing to do with the armour (just want to make that clear too :P )

Cool that you did that with your boots. You're almost there bro. Just a little more work as you had already mentioned and you're golden. Other than rotate thighs you may have to shorten the straps on them as well. They seem a little low. But make sure you have your boots and shins on before changing anything. It's all linked together.

Love the TM, it sure is a nice piece of work.

• 2 weeks later...

The gap at the shoulder bells will be reduced once the biceps have been trimmed. The biceps were made to suit the incorrect measurements I was given and are oversized through no fault of my own (just want to make that clear :) ).

Also to note, anyone who is larger than a skinny 70's guy cannot expect to look they do one screen. So if there is still a gap at the bells it is because David is a stocky guy and has nothing to do with the armour (just want to make that clear too :P )

Hey thanks very much for explaining that. By far, the funnest part of my tk build has been the engineering aspect of it all. :smiley-sw013:

• 4 weeks later...