FISD is no longer readable by unregistered users

Daetrin

Hi Everyone,

Due to exceptional CPU usage, FISD was shut down earlier today. This is a result of too much traffic being generated through the forums.

We've always kept FISD's content open and readable to guests so that they can review content without having to first log on to the site, however the amount of crawling that's occuring specifically from Asia is killing us, and unless we want to move to a $100/month plan it's time we removed full open access.

As a result, if you are not logged in all you can see is a single forum with a single thread telling people to log in.

While this may sound extreme, it's actually quite common on many 501st forums and particuarly detachments; I do think we were one of the last to change so it's not like this hasn't been coming due for some time.

If there are any questions on concerns regarding this change, please let me know.

Paul

TK-8020 "Daetrin"

Detachment Founder

Thanks for looking after the security of the FISD Paul. I think we all can understand and appreciate this decision.

I log in each time so it doesn't hurt me any whatsoever. Everyone should log in to get the best out of this so I am all for making it better.

Thanks Paul.

My god! I nearly had a heart attack this morning! I simply cannot be without FISD in my day! Thank god its all straightened out! I can rest easy!

As it turns out after IP analysis, the worst offenders are a few members of this board. Either they come here every 5 minutes of the day or perhaps their computers have viruses. we're on it..

I can't access the forum via the Tapatalk app, not sure if you disabled that or not.

It has been temporarily disabled while we try to work out some performance issues.