July Newsletter!

From the DL

Discussions and polls results for the TK requirements

FISD - The Friendliest Forum on the Net!

Building Connections: Legoland Billund 2012

Troop Of The Month

TK Of The Month

Swag Report

Greetings All,

This month marks the 6th year for the FISD. Paul (Daetrin) flip the switch on July 6, 2006 and the Stormtroopers had a home. So, I would like to thank Paul for starting the whitearmor.net and all that you, the members have done over the years to make this forum a great place. :salute:

Now, we have passed the mid-way point of the year and I just wanted to re-cap what has happened in the first part of the year and some of the things that will be happening in the second half of 2012.

We have had some great discussions about the TK requirements and the poll results for the discussions are in an article within this newsletter. Right now, work has commenced on revamping the requirements in order to make them more understandable.

One of the major discussions this year concerned Grand fathering the FX helmet. The MEPD and the FISD both are for this and we were waiting to see if Spec Ops wants to be a part of this addition to the requirements.. At this time it is only the two designations, the TK and TD, that we will be presenting to the LMO for addendum to the requirements. The FX helmet has been a part of the Legion almost since the inception of the Legion. However, the discussions and polls show that it is time to move forward and leave the FX helmet in the past. We will keep you updated on this matter.

Moving on, this year is the 35th anniversary of A New Hope. To commemorate this milestone , we have added an additional Forum skin (background) that will give you that nostalgic feel of seeing your favorite white clad soldier on the silver screen. A big round of applause and a pat on the back goes to Lucas (ZeroRoom) for his work on this project. So if you want to, just click on the "Change Theme" at the very bottom left of the forum and then click the A_NEW_HOPE. Then you will be able enjoy the ANH 35th skin.

Two major events will be happening at the end of next month. Celebration 6, will be held in Orlando, Florida and will start August 23rd and run through August 26th, 2012. Then, Dragon Con will be held in Atlanta, Georgia, Labor Day weekend, August 31st through September 3rd, 2012. I am hoping there will be some great turn outs for the FISD members and all will be putting their best TK foot forward and show the pride of the Stormtrooper.

I also know a lot of trooping is going on in the summer time. There are a lot of events happening outside. I just want to take an moment and say, be sure to keep yourself hydrated, look out for your fellow trooper while out in the heat.

I want to congratulate the Fire Teams that have already done some troops . Especially Fire Team 500 for having 5 official troops in the month of June. If you have not started up your Fire Team yet or joined one, it is a way for any TK to have some great fun and camaraderie with fellow TK’s. For information on starting or joining a Fire Team, please check out the Fire Team area of the Forum: http://www.whitearmo...p?showforum=130

I would like to welcome Ingrid (LadyInWhite) to the FISD staff. She is now one of the Public Relations Officers and she will be helping with our Facebook, Twitter, and the newsletter. So lets all give her a round of applause and wish her the best in her staff position.

We look forward to the second half of 2012 and watching the EI’s build toward 300, and more of you taking the next step to Centurion. Lets make the second half of the 2012 an impressive, most impressive time for all TK’s

With Unquestioned Loyalty,

Tom Gardner

TK5940 “RogueTrooperâ€

Executive Officer

oWguNzr.png

Greetings All,

In the past several months, there have been discussions and then polls taken for those discussions for updating the requirements for the TK costume, mainly for the

basic level.

The TK costume requirements are something that have needed attention for awhile, not only for the new recruit and Legion member to help them better understand the

costume , but also to help make the GML’s job easier.

Consistency is what we are striving for and I believe we have made strides towards that with the discussions and polls. So I would like to thank everyone that

participated in the discussions and polls.

Poll: Basic Requirements Concerning visible rivets / fasteners Discussion - 95% in favor

Poll: Basic standards for the thermal detonator - 96.97% in favor

Poll: ROTJ Details Basic Requirements - 95.45% in favor

Poll: Basic standards for the kidney and butt plates - 86.96% in favor

Poll: Basic Requirement Belt Amendment - 100% in favor

Poll: Basic Holster Requirement Amendments - 90% in favor

Poll: Centurion Level Requirements for the E11 - 70% in favor

My next phase is to start updating the CRL’s with the information derived from these polls and discussions.

After I finish writing the requirements, I have several members that have stepped up to help translate the CRL’s in to other languages to try to make the information

global, since the Legion is world wide. There are still languages that do not have a translator yet. Here is the link if you do speak and read another language

and want help your fellow TK's.:http://www.whitearmo...showtopic=18935

Again, I want to thank everyone who took time to participate and please look in the near future for the updated CRL’s.

With Unquestioned Loyalty

Tom Gardner

TK5940 “RogueTrooperâ€

Executive Officer

oWguNzr.png

As many of you have probably noticed, when compared to other forum's on the net, FISD is one of the friendliest places you could be a part of. We are lucky enough to have so many talented people with years of know how willing to help new and old recruits alike to make their kit the best it can be. This is something that I believe we are all very proud of. People with less knowledge are never ignored or treated in a patronising way for asking simple questions. Everyone wants to help their fellow members and pass on the tricks and tips that they can offer.

It can be tough sometimes when you have worked hard on a project to be told that there are things that could be done differently or better but that is what this place is great for. Troopers helping troopers. If people were not honest and just told everyone that their project was great when really it had some room for improvement then we would have an Emperor's new clothes kind of situation, and I'm sure none of us want that.

Another thing that the members of FISD seem to be great at is giving constructive criticism in a friendly and respectful manner. This seems to be a rare thing on forum's and is one of the great things that puts FISD in a different league. Lets all do our best to keep that attitude alive in our trooper family.Telling someone how to do something better in a respectful way always works better than telling them it's not very good and offering no solution. We are all here for the same reason, to look our best in the white stuff.

Rob Kingman

TK7545 "Matt Black"

Deputy Provost Marshall

oWguNzr.png

Every year Legoland hosts Star Wars weekend, and for the third year in a row now, Nordic Garrison has been invited. With us we bring several other nearby, and some not so nearby, garrisons.

This year we had the good fortune of having Nordic Garrison, German Garrison, UK Garrison, Dutch Garrison, Austrian Garrison, Polish Garrison, Swiss Garrison and Rebel Legion present counting ~100 troopers.

Legoland definitely represents one of the larger international troops in Europe, as you can see by looking at the attending garrisons. It's not the largest troop by numbers. Both the UK and Germany pull off some really large events with twice as many troopers. But Legoland in Denmark certainly draws a very mixed crowd of troopers, showing once again how the love for Star Wars transcends borders.

Mathias Rodstedt

TK-2959 "Locitus"

Deployment Officer

oWguNzr.png

This month's TOTM was chosen because it is a classic example of (as the kids are fond of saying) "How we do." Many of the past TOTM may have been more

glamourous or very envious. This one highlights the 501st's dedication to giving back in as many ways as we can. In spite of a basic charity walk being one of the

most common appearance requests throughout the legion, because of their impact they should not be overlooked. Charity walks are also one of the easiest for us

to participate in. Put on costume, walk around, have your photo taken, walk around some more, and go home having helped raise money and awareness for a worthy cause.

Our buckets go off to Jenny (TK-9496) and the rest of the Bloodfin Garrison for your dedication and willingness to walk in circles for a good cause.

Also congratulations go to Indyrebel (TK-5305) for his recent 501st approval and picking this TOTM as an excellent first troop.

Jenny and Rick posing in front of the SS Minnow

R2-Lavender draws a crowd

Hugs are a common reaction to white plastic

It's like NASCAR but walking and for an actual purpose (note more hugging)

Bloodfinners

With Unquestioned Loyalty and Aloha,

Eric Brager

TK9674 "Darth Aloha"

Chief Tactical Officer

oWguNzr.png

Congratulations to Brian Anderson (TK7602) AKA Stormtrooperguy, on being TK of the month!

Brian has been a Legion member since 2003. His first costume was a Stormtrooper and he has gone on to do twelve 501st costumes to date, including the very

first approved Deathtrooper for the Legion. Even though he has twelve Legion costumes, I believe Brian is truly a TK at heart. Or at least from the photo below,

ate someone's heart......LOL!!!

Brian has been a very dedicated 501st member and held the LMO position up until the past couple of weeks when he stepped down to have more time to spend with his

family, especially since he and wife had their first baby, a girl, earlier this year.

Brian did an excellent job and took the LMO position to a new level. He was involved with the Stormtrooper costume and worked with the FISD to try to make the costume

better.

The Legion truly has a gap now that Brian is no longer a part of the Legion Command Staff.

I am sure that everyone joins me in thanking Brian for all of his hard work and dedication . We wish him the best in all of his future endeavors. :salute:

Tom Gardner

TK5940 “RogueTrooperâ€

Executive Officer

oWguNzr.png

The cross Detachment swag is still being worked on....I know it seems like it's been a long time ago....But, we want them to be impressive, most impressive, so have have Jedi patience...soon be here they will....

Spring run for the patches is closed. But, if you are wanting one, there area few in hand. So you best hyperspace over now, cause the Jedi

mind tricks don't work on anyone after they are gone.

This includes the new Centurion colored FISD logo:

We still have 9 EIB Fifth anniversary coins left!!!!!! Once they are gone , they are gone!!

And a galaxy full of other awesome 1st Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment swag can be found here.

Don't Forget We're on Facebook and Twitter!

Facebook: www.facebook.com/whitearmor

Twitter: www.twitter.com/@FISD501st

With unquestioned loyalty,

Erich Shafer

TK-6124 "AdamScottFM"

Public Relations Officer

On behalf of the First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Command Staff.

End Transmission.

oWguNzr.png