Longer leg parts needed.

I know there's another thread asking about armour for tall troopers. Thing is, I'm on a budget for my sandtrooper and I already have a set of FX armour (except the lid. I've got a VT helmet) which fits me ok, except for the legs.

I'm 6'2" and 11.5 stone/161lbs/75kg. While the body armour fits fine, my leg armour is way too big and not long enough resulting in massive gaps at the top and bottom.

Is anyone aware of anybody making longer leg pieces for us tall troopers?

To the best of my knowledge, RT-Mod still has the longest thigh and shin armor pieces. However, they are also designed to accommodate larger troopers, as well. I'm 6'3" and 200 lbs and had to trim a fair amount off the girth of the thighs to have them fit properly. I didn't have to do any trimming from the shins, just had to add a little internal padding and they fit fine. I'm quite happy with both sets.

RT-MOD Version 5 (Bought June 2010)

Limb Lengths:

- Length of Thighs: hip bone to knee = 13â€

- Length of Calves: outer side of the knee to below the ankle= 14â€

Note: thigh and calf pieces should not meet as this would interfere with leg motion

http://www.whitearmo...opic=12693&st=0

Cool. Thanks for that.

That's actually shorter than I was imagining.

My FX thighs are just under 15", measuring the front cover strip top to bottom. Calves are 14" measuring the same way.

My own measurements, hipbone to top of knee cap is 20". Knee to ankle is 17". I reckon I'd need thigh armour about 17" minimum, preferably 18", and about 16" for the shins.

Interesting...the forearms are half an inch longer on RT-mod though. That's useful to know. Mine aren't bad, but an extra half inch wouldn't hurt.

At least you can trim it to length and make it fit. ;)

I've just seen in the thread that tkrestonva kindly posted that RT-MOD can make custom sizes if you email him your measurements. I'll make enquiries, but I'm guessing it'll be expensive.

Edited by Havoc6538

Hi Marcus. Yeah, I've been speaking to our CO about those. It's only the shins that he makes longer. Just need to find out the length of the shins and the costs. The thighs aren't much longer than mine at the sides and back, but they do come up higher at the front, which will fill that gap a lot better.

Gentlemen,

Legs have been modified since the June 2010 reference above.

RT-Mod Presently:

Thighs - 151/2" along the front seam. Up to 26" circumference(without shims). Also, now with a return edge on top and bottom

Calves - 15" along the front seam. Up to 17" circumference. Now with distinct left/right inner and outer parts.

Cheers,

Rob

Just for reference - My thighs measure 16.5" and 17" long (L&R vary slightly) and my shins measure 15" long. My XL shins are 17" long.

Paul, what is the circumference of your thighs at the top and bottom, and the shins at the widest point?