About to Rivet Helmet

I need some help before I put the rivets in! I want to make sure the helmet is lined up properly!

skMdzuL.jpg

AYKUhG7.jpg

Thanks for the help!!

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021

Ok, thank you! So is this what the rivet should look like when all done?

Front (Outside of helmet):

j5E9fuP.jpg

Back (Inside of helmet):

Thank you all so much for the help! Sorry if I am a little too nervous! Star Wars is my life and I don't won't to mess it up with one little mistake!

Edited by gmrhodes13

Alright, the first 2 rivets are in! Here are the pictures! What are your thoughts? The blue painters tape is where I plan to put in the other 2 pop rivets. Will I have to worry about the bottom screw of the ear piece?

OkLsHfu.jpg

x8P9MY4.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13

I just used Screws, no Rivets for that hole at the bottom.

After I trimmed the Ears, I used that same hole to screw the Ear to the Helmet.

Edited by Mogwai

I like the idea of using screws on the neck tubes instead of rivets. Is the blue painters tape in the correct position so that I can drill my holes for the screws?

Cut your Ear Parts to the right shape, hold them to the Helmet, then you will see where the last screws have to go!

I used a model-scalpel to cut it to the shape I needed. Then I used a small file to smooth out the shape.

It took a while, so be patient and take your Time. Luckily for me, ATA ships two sets of Ears, because my first try wasn`t that good. ;)

Riveting was the scariest part for me, but I survived. I riveted the bottom and ended drilling a separate hole for the bottom of the ears. They were pretty close to the rivet...almost too close :) I like the idea of using one hole for the bottom of the ear and the connection for the bottom of the lid. It would be a lot cleaner, but probably a little more difficult to make sure everything stays lined up while you drill the hole. Depends on how strong the force is with your clamps (pun intended). Oh and I used scissors to get the general shape for my ears, then fine tuned it SLOWLY with a dremel.

Edited by Potty Meister