Ab Plate Help

I am getting very frustrated with my build! :6: I can't get these button plates to fit into their designated spots!

Qqk3O1D.jpg

L24fuBE.jpg

Oqy1RjS.jpg

PLEASE HELP!!! This is really pushing my buttons (pun intended)!!!

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021

I've only trimmed mine out but I used Gazmosis' build to gauge how much to take off. It looks to me like it just goes over the opening as opposed to fitting in.

sABUQVU.jpg

Thanks to Gazmosis for taking such awesome pics to follow!

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021

Well, if you can't get a fix-it solution on here from these expert guys, I'm sure Terrell can hook you up with a replacement! Here's Gaz's photobucket:

-----------

I'm sure there's a way to fix that!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Try sanding it down enough to lay flush onto the opening, then glue it in place. You may have to glue a small block inside for the center to grab onto then you could just putty and paint the seam, leave it if it's flush enough or use white caulk to seal the edges.

I would also recommend replacement. I know everyone is different, but if it were me- even if I found a way to fix it, it would always drive me crazy in the back of my head that it wasn't perfect.

Not sure if you have this "Trooper Conscience" but I would say your best bet would be to get a new one now so that you don't regret it later and end up having to pry that thing off of there when you finally do get a replacement.

I am helping a trooper this weekend who did the SAME thing on his AP build!!!. We are going to glue some scrap ABS to the back of the button plate to make it flush with the edges, then glue the whole thing onto a seperate piece of ABS and trim it to the correct reveal.

This was a confusion point for me too. Fortunately I found enough pics to realize it sits on top, not IN. Mine is *barely* long enough now, but still works. I thought about goo to fill the microscopic gap at the bottom but haven't yet.

Ultimately what I did is fill in the back with a "stack" of ABS squares from scrap ABS and make a kind of mushroom that glues to the back of the ab plate and the inside of the hole and holds it flush at the edges.

But if it's way too short now replacement is probably your best bet.

Thanks for the suggestions, I think I am going to buy a replacement, but what about the other ab plate button panel? How much do I trim it? Should it lay flat? What is the best tool for the job?

------------

Edited by gmrhodes13

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I am about to glue on one of my Ab button plates! How does it look? I am going to attach it using the E-6000 glue and clamp it down with rear earth magnets.

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13