RS Fishpond Helmet

Got this from Rob and Si at the weekend thanks lads :) and boy is this some bad an impolite person bit of kit , i really enjoyed building it, the face plate is so crisp and sharp the pics do not do it justice i will get some more taken with better light ;) and this bad boy will be staying Green ;)

DSC04546.jpgDSC04545.jpgDSC04549.jpg

Brilliant looking lid, it is not so long ago we saw the original just like this and how we wished for an accurate replica, this is as good as it gets!

Stephen, looks great. I built one today and it is really nice to work with as you say. As the plastic is that more supple it seems to work with you in ways abs just wont. So the shape is not as cast in and more easily manipulated together.

I am pretty pleased with the results for sure :)

Thank you for your kind comments guy's ,but this would have not been possible if it was not for Rob and Simon's commitment to this project with this type of plastic ,it was a nightmare to form but you got it bang on :jc_doublethumbup: well done you two for offering the closest to owning a original helmet the hobby is truely greatfull :smiley-sw013: .

Pic of the RS PP Helmet next to the RS PVC :)

DSC04595-Copy2-1.jpg

I wish they could source more of the plastic, and at cheaper prices. No doubt that for the ultimate accuracy amongst the hardcore collectors price is of little issue, but it is pretty pricy for the others of us.

Either way, these helmets are no doubt a milestone in TK history. :duim:

Hi Stefan iam measuring the thickness of the PP Lids to be 1mm correct me if iam wrong RS ! , i tell you what mate when i rivited this baby together its got to be one of the sturdest and solid lid's i have made or owned ;)

Hi Stefan iam measuring the thickness of the PP Lids to be 1mm correct me if iam wrong RS ! , i tell you what mate when i rivited this baby together its got to be one of the sturdest and solid lid's i have made or owned ;)

Thank's for the info Stephen.

1mm...that sounds quite thin.So i guess it's more a display piece.