Death Trooper: Not safe for, well, anywhere...

TrooperPX

Darth maul had a "mist" blood splatter...

Another mistake sadly... not sure what they were thinking. I'm sure it was done for effect.

I'm not sure how a lightsaber can shear metal droids with a clean, heat cut, cut through metal pipes with a clean cut, be driven through a thick metal door and be used to melt it... then cause blood when it cuts a living being... but not all the time, only some of the time.

It's inconsistencies like this that make our world so alive, and unique.

too bad you couldn't have had this for FanExpo, then there would have been three of us.... oh well maybe next year

FanExpo was so crazy.  Between the required booth/table times, parades, etc... I don't know when we would have been able to change.  :mellow:   Since we found out about the signup late, we couldn't stack any shifts and therefore had no good blocks of free time.  Now we know we need to monitor that thread (almost hourly) when it starts getting close to the sign-up going live.  That and I had to get other costumes finished and approved in time to troop.  But now it’s done and ready for grab-and-go.  B)

So let's plan something and get it listed as an actual event/activity for next year... along with another Willrow Hood run.  :lol:

at this point I am extremely discouraged from ever wearing my DT again or getting it approved for that matter. I was stoked to get it done but with the limited use of it and the general frowning on it, I am just not happy anymore and am thinking of getting rid of it and using the boots for my TD

It is true, there is a very limited use for a DT. It is a niche costume. Zombies are in their heyday right now though. I think if you look a bit wider you will find there are a few zombie type events, metal concerts and such. But you'll never get as much use out of a DT as you will with the normal TK.

Don't worry about people frowning on it... enough people frown on stormtroopers too.. don't pay attention to them, there will always be haters out there. If you enjoy it, thats what matters. There are plenty of lovers out there as well.

at this point I am extremely discouraged from ever wearing my DT again or getting it approved for that matter. I was stoked to get it done but with the limited use of it and the general frowning on it, I am just not happy anymore and am thinking of getting rid of it and using the boots for my TD

It's your work, you shouldn't feel ashamed of it in anyway. Wear that suit everywhere you can get away with it, and not give a damn what anyone thinks. That's what I plan to do with mine. 

:)

sorry Guys, just a lot going on in my head right now.... I am not reacting like my old self.... need vacation badly....

Happens to the best of us! No is going to stop you selling your DT if you decide to sell it with a calm level head. We just try to slow things down when knee jerk reactions land and get your blood pumping. Would hate you to sell it and then have sellers remorse because you found a bunch of troops for it.

well first off, I did not mean to derail this thread, David is my friend and even though we are from different garrisons, we are close enough that we have trooped together several times and have become good friends and my response was nothing more then that, not a pity plea or anything, I would never sell it, but saying 'getting rid' of it was a knee jerk reaction while in a depressed state, if you want to know more send me a friend request on facebook if you are not my friend already, so lets get back to David's build....

I am glad you got it approved, I was really worried mine would not get approved due to it not being strictly by the CRL but seeing yours approved and not exactly by the CRL, there is hope....

If there wasn't some flexibility in the CRL, they wouldn't encourage you to come up with a backstory for or how your particular Trooper succumbed to the (virus), how long he's been dead and what or where he's been since that time.  If every DT kit had to look like – could only look like – the references, they would not have broken down the decision making process as thoroughly as they did (see Tips #2, 3 & 4):

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/16595-death-trooper-tips/

It already faces the restriction of it not allowed to be a member’s primary costume, and members self regulate the venues it is worn at.  We are only wearing it at venues where a similar genera is already expected by the host and their guests.  I’d be happy to wear it just once a year.

And it’s a great “renewable†costume.  When your TK looses it’s luster, you repurpose it into a TD.  When that starts to fall apart, you repurpose it into a DT.   ^_^

• 1 month later...

Took my DT out for it's first official stagger at Rhode Island Comic Con.  :D

Had a lot of good feedback, and PMs about finishing touches.  Spent the week before RICC deepening some scratches, undercut some of the plate loss more, and adding some nicks-and dings along all of the contact edges really brought it together.  Rubbed the glow frost off the brow rubber so it looks black again. 

Had a very productive morning:

Did a photo-shoot in a clean lobby corner to better assess the changes.  Then staggered out into the parking garage where we could use single light sources to create some great shadow shots.  Hung out in a stairwell for a while… staggered after some people as they unloaded their cars.   

Joined the VIP line as they filtered in, made my way to the NEG booth where they had a trash compactor display.  Well, you know where I spent the next hour or two.  ^_^

I have a knack for standing completely still, in that department store mannequin kind of way.  With my bucket askance, people jumped in for photos oblivious of my intent.  I’d wait patiently for them to get at least their one good shot, then (with my voice-distorting amp) I’d let out a pain-ridden moan and stretch out my arms towards them.  “Oh, yeah. Oooh, ahhh, that's how it always starts. Then later there's running and screaming.† Yes, I was rewarded by screams.  After more pics, they’d wander off, then I’d reset.  After that rotation of spectators leaves, a new round of unsuspecting replacements present themselves.  It was most successful with the VIP hour since there were fewer people to give away the gag.  B)

Edited by TrooperPX
  • Like 1