How / Why did you pick your screen name?

jnnfr72

I am from Pittsburgh, Pa. 21 is the number of former and favorite Pittsburgh Penguin "Michele Briere. 21 is the number of Pittsburgh Pirate, "Great One" "Roberto Clemente". Also the number is in memory of my Grandfather. 21 was the number that I use when I played "Ice Hockey" in High School.

Andy

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine comes from the other sci-fi love of my life - Doctor Who.

The "Zero Room" is a room in the TARDIS completely cut off from the outside universe, so it exists in a perfect state of stasis.

Not that I exist in a perfect state of stasis but my blood pressure sure benefits from complete avoidance of most things from the outside universe (Like network television...)

WOO! WHO FAN! :)

I hate jello so much that it could be what fuels the passion that gives me Force powers.

I'm #21 in hockey too! But I stopped using 21 as a name-ender because it's too common and I am late to the game. "hockeygoon21"... not.

Vodka is evil. Closest I have ever been to being piss drunk is at a hockey tournament, had two pitchers of v-spiked margaritas before the party started, nearly threw myself over the railing onto the ice at someone else's game, and then went bowling. Oh yes, best bowling score ever. I also acquired many, many Sharpie drawings on my abdomen. "The railing is your friend." <-- I should not be admitting that.

WOO! WHO FAN! :)

I hate jello so much that it could be what fuels the passion that gives me Force powers.

I'm #21 in hockey too! But I stopped using 21 as a name-ender because it's too common and I am late to the game. "hockeygoon21"... not.

Vodka is evil. Closest I have ever been to being piss drunk is at a hockey tournament, had two pitchers of v-spiked margaritas before the party started, nearly threw myself over the railing onto the ice at someone else's game, and then went bowling. Oh yes, best bowling score ever. I also acquired many, many Sharpie drawings on my abdomen. "The railing is your friend." <-- I should not be admitting that.

You and I will stay away from the Vodka.. and stick to beer! :)

Too many mikes in music history, so the prof started spelling my name 'Miq' with the Q standing in for ke. T is my last initial . It just stuck beyond school.

Hi Mike welcome! - now shouldn't you be building something for my sister right now?

LOL just kidding brother! Welcome to the Dark Side! :smiley-sw013:

I like the term bondservant because it stands for a person who loves his master.

it's like being in love with your job.

it's a really in depth concept from long ago.

I've used the term for my screen identity for about 20 years now?

since way back in the 14.4 modem bbs boards.

it's spelled wrong because back in the day they didn't have enough

characters for SN's.

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

My screen name came from my old AOL screen name... I made it back in the 90s when I was HUGE into listening to MxPx. Robbie is my first name, so I just sorta put the two together. It's been my name online for everything since. Bonus - it's usually available everywhere. If it isn't, that means I probably just forgot my password, lol

I do get a lot of people mispronouncing it though... things like 'mpxrobbie', 'mixpixrobbie', etc... it's M-X-P-X-Robbie in case you're wondering :D

Too many mikes in music history, so the prof started spelling my name 'Miq' with the Q standing in for ke. T is my last initial . It just stuck beyond school.

Hey Miq - T! Welcome to the FISD! Thanks for sharing... I like to ask lots of questions and get intel on everybody.

Maybe one day I can blackmail somebody with the stuff I learn. ...kidding!!! :) Or, am I?!!! :smiley-sw013:

Hey Miq - T! Welcome to the FISD! Thanks for sharing... I like to ask lots of questions and get intel on everybody.

Maybe one day I can blackmail somebody with the stuff I learn. ...kidding!!! :) Or, am I?!!! :smiley-sw013:

No, no you're not. ;)

<-------- Saints fan.

WHO DAT!

My screen name comes from my grand-paw. It was his nickname. He had red hair and his last name was White. My last name is also White and I also have red hair. I'm very glad that his nickname rubbed off on to me over time. Its something I'm very proud of and I'm sure he would be too.

Edited by red white

Back in college drinking in my friends' dorm room passed a lot of time. One night, way passed the point of inebriation, I fell on my back and struggled to get up. So my friend then dubbed me "The drunken turtle." 84 just happens to be the year I was brought onto this planet.

"Hahn" is my last name, and during my time in the German military, I once held the rank "Obergefreiter", shortened to "OG". So it all started as "OG Hahn", which in German sounds somewhat like "Oh Geh Han" (with a G pronounced like in "great", not like in "general").

Of course I was already a full-on SW nerd back then, so comrades decided that my rank/name sounded much like "Obi Wan" and only ever called me "Obi Hahn Kenobi" after a couple days, and that name stuck.

I simply dropped the "Kenobi" part and have been ObiHahn in all online boards since then.

Edited by ObiHahn

Well let me start with, a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away......

OK, I had done a photo shopped of a Cylon hanging with a couple of TKs and the cantina a year or so before join here.

I love old school BSG and well duh SW. Before I signed up I looked at members Avatars and I wanted to have an avatar that just everyone could have (normal TK pix)

Sooooo, I pulled out the Cylon hanging with a couple of TKs and the cantina, and made a back story in my mind about what happen, and why is this Cylon here with the TKs???

The story I made up, was that the Cylon had jump ship and had join the Empire, wanting to be a TK (duck out of water deal) So when I thought of that, I said he is a "RogueTrooper". Now that he does not fit in the Cylons anymore because of jumping ship, and he does not fit into the TKs camp...

So, there you have it. My Avatar gave me my member's name "RogueTrooper".

FYI, a lot of members have had the fingers type too fast when typing my members name, and it comes out spelled: "rouge" :huh::blink::rolleyes:

Well let me start with, a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away......

OK, I had done a photo shopped of a Cylon hanging with a couple of TKs and the cantina a year or so before join here.

I love old school BSG and well duh SW. Before I signed up I looked at members Avatars and I wanted to have an avatar that just everyone could have (normal TK pix)

Sooooo, I pulled out the Cylon hanging with a couple of TKs and the cantina, and made a back story in my mind about what happen, and why is this Cylon here with the TKs???

The story I made up, was that the Cylon had jump ship and had join the Empire, wanting to be a TK (duck out of water deal) So when I thought of that, I said he is a "RogueTrooper". Now that he does not fit in the Cylons anymore because of jumping ship, and he does not fit into the TKs camp...

So, there you have it. My Avatar gave me my member's name "RogueTrooper".

FYI, a lot of members have had the fingers type too fast when typing my members name, and it comes out spelled: "rouge" :huh::blink::rolleyes:

I always wondered where you got that great Avatar...

I always wondered where you got that great Avatar...

Want I love was how the two TK's look like "what the frak is guy doing!?!?!?!" :D

The Sandeman was my Navy squadron's patch/mascot/tail flash in Spain, where I first armored up. And also one heck of a good wine - and I'm not a wine guy. A whiner, maybe, but not a wine guy.