How / Why did you pick your screen name?

jnnfr72

LiW - I slap myself on a daily basis! :smiley-sw013:

Yeah, cool mischief, miss squashy-name.

If my handle isn't so blatantly obvious as to slap you across the face, well, maybe you should slap yourself! :)

I originally used LadyInBlack on the local RL site when I was building my Mara Jade, but I never submitted it and fell off... I'm LiW there too now.

I've had so many handles, but the most enduring is Coyote Republic, which comes from my love of and devotion to those scruffy little scoundrels, particularly one I worked with in person for several years who sang the purest song of joy whenever a friend approached her yard. She became my muse.

I wanted a Muse, but just got a cross-eyed cat instead.

Mark - I was thinking that 66 was from Order 66! yep... I'm one nosey stormtrooper! :P

I'm the Safety Manager a work and I used to paint our Semis a lot so I always had a lot of paint safety equipment on, coveralls, boots, mask and spraysock. So everyone started to call me Captain Safety and 66 is my DOB.

BTW, Jen is just nosey....lol!! :laugh1:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got mine from my skateboarding days. People started calling me "grind king" because I used to pull of some long grinds and i could grind on any surface that i could possibly grind on. Plus it was the brand of skateboard trucks i would always buy. The name stuck and i decided to use as my screen name.

My mind went somewhere else with your screen name.... :blush:

Please help me out: what does "to grind" mean? I know you can grind herbs etc.

I thought one meaning was possibly "the process of reproducing." But, I'm not a skateboarder and have no idea myself.

I've used mine for years I think I started using it in 1996 when I first experienced the intarwebz. I have another that I use for almost everything but didn't think I'd get on with it that I've used since 96 lordofpants. :P

Mine is actually mis-spelled from what I originally intended it to be. I wanted to have something relatively anonymous (early days of the internet...), but also an obscure reference to something. Originally, it was going to be "Boom Shanka" (and I still might be mis-spelling it). If you recognize what it refers to, you're old and/or have an appreciation for old British TV comedies. :)

Ha, love the young ones

I'm really digging this thread!

My screen name comes from my first and last initials plus tk. Sounds uninspired to explain it, but I wanted a four-letter variation to match my gaming name (eoas). Originally I was going by eoastrooper, which was that gaming name plus trooper on the end. I originally found these boards after finding Stukatrooper's Flikr set, so I *probably* was mimicking his name. ;) Anyway, I decided to shorten it--especially because I like how EOTK looks in the Aurebesh font.

The whole EO thing started in junior high when my friend Stacey used to call me Mr. O--I had a crush on her because she had pale skin, freckles, thrasher hair, and a Music for the Masses t-shirt. I started signing everything EO after that. Twenty years later friends still call me EO...

Mine is a combination of a childhood nickname (Tigger) because I couldn't sit still and bounced all over the room. Which evolved into one of my favorite characters from the books and movies and the year 1968 which is the year I was born, and the year Walt Disney introduced his cartoon Tigger to the world in the Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh...hence tigger68

Krazy Ivan comes from a weekend away trooping our Garrison did and i had a big night drinking Vodka while wearing my Ushanka hat and some of the guys started calling me Krazy Ivan and the name just stuck.

It's my last name. Usually is available when I sign up for forums. Just makes it easier to remember.

Ooh. 50 posts. Sgt now. Too bad I'm still a Cpl in real life. Wouldn't mind the pay of a Sgt though. Totally off topic. Oh well.

Edited by Pfneisl

Mine is just my name Joe Rea, pronounced Ray, not very exciting!

I do like the fact that it is immortalised in a helmet, would be cool to have a JoeR ROTJ helmet sitting on a shelf somewhere long after I'm gone... :-)

I like reading everybody's name choices! :) Course, I had a bad flash-back of my vodka hangover in Mexico after reading Krazy Ivan's post! :vomit-into-the-toilet:

Mine comes from the other sci-fi love of my life - Doctor Who.

The "Zero Room" is a room in the TARDIS completely cut off from the outside universe, so it exists in a perfect state of stasis.

Not that I exist in a perfect state of stasis but my blood pressure sure benefits from complete avoidance of most things from the outside universe (Like network television...)

Mine is an anagram of my first name. Carlos/Solcar I use it for just about all of my screen names and the 23 is my most favorite number.

I acquired my handle due to an unfortunate combination of alcohol at a con (which I like), and Jello shooters (of which the Jello part I loathe). Unfortunately, the Jello shooters pushed me straight from comfortably numb to stupid sloppy drunk, and thus became known henceforth as Jello.

I will get even with the garrison member who was the enabler for that debacle. Oh yes, I will.... :icon_beg:

Mine is an anagram of my first name. Carlos/Solcar I use it for just about all of my screen names and the 23 is my most favorite number.

One more post and you're at 2-23! :)

Yah, I gotta agree with the not liking Jello.... Toe ~ Knee!

And...........223!!!! YAY!!!!!

I'm really hoping to get a 2323, etc....type of TK #!!

;)

Edited by Solcar23