Bacta's RS Prop Masters build

Decided to go ahead and post some pics of where I'm at with my RS prop masters armor and helmet kit.

The helmet is 1.5 mm matte ABS. No. 38 from their initial run and came in kit form..

Mic tips were upgraded by previous owner and appear to be CFO/Trooperbay.

Trooperbay also supplied a set of humbrol paints, Dave M stencils and a frown mesh (not yet installed)

Stencils were used for the tube stripes and as a base for the other stripes, however the ear caps, frown,

vocoder, and all other outline detailing were done freehand. Trimming and assembly were done in less

than six hours, the majority of the time spent screwing and unscrewing the ear caps between sanding

and trimming. Painting took a week mostly due to drying times.

I've always been a fan of the lower brow look and decided to see how well the RS kit pulled it off.

What do you guys think?

rs1y.th.jpgrs2u.th.jpgrs3c.th.jpgrs4q.th.jpgrs5ep.th.jpg

rs6l.th.jpgrs7k.th.jpgrs8d.th.jpgrs9k.th.jpgrs10o.th.jpg

rs13c.th.jpgrs14h.th.jpgrs15l.th.jpgrs11.th.jpgrs12.th.jpg

Armor pics soon!

Looks great mate!Did you use the original hole markings to rivet the face and cap together?

I used the two main original rivet points(impressions) as a starting point for positioning, however the first set of rivets were shifted from where the original points appeared to be. As I'm sure youve discovered, the overall shape of the helmet changes and shifts once the ear caps are tightened so I ended up shifting the positioning of the face and cap twice before finding a position I was happy with. I ended up shifting the position of the ear caps twice as well before leaving it where it is now. I had to restrain myself from drilling more holes in it trying to tweak it even more. I'll probably end up repositioning the face and cap once more but I'm leaving it like this for now.

Edited by BactaReality

Btw, thanks for the compliments guys. I was'nt sure if there'd be any love for the low brow

direction I decided to take with this one. It's going to be tough holding out on buying

more of these helmets to replicate all my favorite variations.

This particular trooper on the left was the main inspiration in going for a low brow look.

I decided to center my face a bit more, whereas this trooper's face plate is shifted more towards his right ear cap.

lbtrooper1.jpg

I used this other image as reference and inspiration for which bump to paint on the ear caps.

Seems to be the same helmet as above, as there are only a couple of helmets I've seen on '

screen that have their right eye socket shifted over that close to the right ear cap.

lbt2p.jpg

I debated whether or not to try and match the assembly of this particular helmet but decided

instead to go with a hybrid or combination of helmet attributes. If I were to have assembled

my helmet similar to the one above, the left side of the helmet would've ended up looking

similar to this trooper below. I would've also needed to move my left ear cap towards the

the front of the helmet. I still may try and assemble mine this way just to see what it looks

like from other angles. The more I look at trooper helmets, the more each one looks completely

unique.

30851024676065202732220.jpg

I think I'm ultimately going to convert this to an ESB version, possibly a Mark II.

I've got some accurate trim I've been dying to use.

Just so you know, the ESB MKII is a competely different suit compared to your RS. You would be better off with a CFO if you want to try and replicate an ESB MKII since it was cast from one originally. I would stick with going ANH or ESB MKI.

Good job with the helmet build BTW :duim: