Help me with my fit problems please!

Hey guys and gals - I'm needing some help with fit adjustment. This is an older pic, so my 'muffin top' is gone now (haha) but I need to make things fit better and show less black material.

I am going to try and bring the shoulders closer to the straps, maybe that will swing them forward some, but the legs seem way short to me.

I'd like to shim the ab/back to make it look more like the accurate sets. Is that something that is doable?

Help me FISD, you're my only hope!

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Hi Robbie. First two things that you can do is raise the drop boxes up so they are closer to the belt. This will cover some of the black at the top of your legs. The other thing is your biceps can come down a bit so this should deal with some of the black on the arms.

Fitting the bells closer to the shoulder bridges will help also as you said.

Adding on to what has already been said ...

To answer your question about shimming the sides, it is both doable and recommended. You can buy an inexpensive white "For Sale" sign and cut it up into shimming material.

About the only thing you can do regarding the length of the leg pieces is try to balance the amount of black showing at the hips versus the knees, and it looks like you've got it as good as it's going to get.

Adding on to what has already been said ...

To answer your question about shimming the sides, it is both doable and recommended. You can buy an inexpensive white "For Sale" sign and cut it up into shimming material.

About the only thing you can do regarding the length of the leg pieces is try to balance the amount of black showing at the hips versus the knees, and it looks like you've got it as good as it's going to get.

Thanks for the pointers!

Do you think I could get away with pulling the calves up a bit? I think they could come up some to help get rid of the black at the knees.

Edited by MxPxRobbie

Thanks for the pointers, I'll search out how to shim the sides effectively. I eventually want to get rid of this suit entirely and build one to suit me. I'm 6'3" so I'm stretching this to the max, lol

Do you think I could get away with pulling the calves up a bit? I think they could come up some to help get rid of the black at the knees.

Maybe, but it looks like the calves are sitting about where they should be. It's definitely the thighs that aren't long enough.