.......it just doesn't look right....boooooooooo!

Okay so I recently built my gorgeous TM.....but the more I look at me in the armour....look at the films....look at me in the armour....look at the films....look at me in the armour....look at the films....ahhhhhhh, it just doesn't look right - I'm too tall. I've been battling with this all weekend...but it looks just slightly wrong.

I'm gutted - but I'm right (see pics). The first one is my clearance shot - the next are the ones I've taken are after taking out the lid padding.

The trousers are fine but the top half is a 'medium' when I need a 'large'. Can anyone give me any options?

3LlGG6k.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021

I think it looks fantastic. You can't help being tall and I think you done a great job of keeping the black parts showing to a minimum. All I would say is that the helmet needs to come down more if you can and the shoulder bells need to be pulled in tighter to you. The belt could also do with coming up a bit. Excellent looking build mate. :salute:

There's no way I can lower the lid anymore - that's my main concern, together with the black at the top of the chest not being covered. I wish I could remember what make my old bucket was - that fitted a treat even with padding.

-----------

Those bells are on elastic, they can't really come in much further.....I'll try though.

Thanks for your kind words as well guys

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

In that last pic the helmet looks lower and much better. With the bells, maybe you could get the tops of them to sit closer to the shoulder bridges? I can't tell from the pics but do you have elastic in the bells going around your bicep to hold them tight to your arm?

On 6/18/2012 at 6:50 PM, TK9477 said:

Those bells are on elastic, they can't really come in much further.....I'll try though.

They can. At least 1cm, judging by the photos. Move the connection point (snap or whatever you have under the shoulders) so that the bell touches the shoulder straps at the top.

My TM:

------------

------------------

----

Edited by gmrhodes13

On 6/18/2012 at 8:05 PM, Rick330 said:

They can. At least 1cm, judging by the photos. Move the connection point (snap or whatever you have under the shoulders) so that the bell touches the shoulder straps at the top.

That's a plan - cheers guys.....do you recognise the lid?

Here's some more pics.....

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13

As has been recommended, shorten the straps that connect the shoulder bells to the shoulder straps. Other than that, I think you've done a fine job minimizing and balancing out the black undersuit showing.

You can't help being tall and long-limbed. It is what it is, and regardless you still look great. :)

RT Mod helmet

Agreed - one of Rob's earlier versions. The non-bumpy and stickered ears are a dead giveaway.

I think you look great man. I'm 6"2 and know what you are talking about, but you still look good. We're all made differently so unless we become clones, it's just a fact of life. To me...top notch work on your setup Grant! Rock on...! :duim:

I think it looks just perfect, perhaps you're not the ideal 1,80m trooper but we also did see some heigher troopers in the movie. I am 1,87m and am also happy with my trooper but if the helmet is such a problem for you I'd try to fasten the chin strap a little bit more or just put a thinner foam star as padding for the helmet ;)

always that kind of troopers who need confirmation of their beauty :rolleyes::P:D :D

Oi! U heard that lol - the lid in my opinion is too high, it should sit just off the chest plate.

And there is no more padding that can come out.....my melon is touching plastic.

Looks like I'll be sacrificing TM beauty for a RT fit!!!

Two corrections.....

I meant 'I' heard that heh.......and

I meant nothing derogatory regarding Rob's RT gear - he does real nice kit & I loved that 1st lid I had. I just meant that TM's über-accurate sculpt in comparison to Rob's less accurate kit.

Anyone got a bigger spade here to help me dig, this grave.......I'll get me coat

Two corrections.....

I meant 'I' heard that heh.......and

I meant nothing derogatory regarding Rob's RT gear - he does real nice kit & I loved that 1st lid I had. I just meant that TM's über-accurate sculpt in comparison to Rob's less accurate kit.

Anyone got a bigger spade here to help me dig, this grave.......I'll get me coat

No need to dig. I think we all got what you meant. ;)

How about sewing shoulder pads into your undersuit? It would raise your front and back plates a couple centimeters and make your neck look shorter. Still sweet looking armor though.

That got mentioned by another trooper - it would make me look like an orangutan though heh.

Nah - selling TM lid.....buying RT-mod lid