LadyInRed-to-be

1. How did I not ever explore this topic area earlier? :) *new home!*

2. Not approved yet, but been working on this puppy.

2684494910043842612S500x500Q85.jpg

3. TK will always be my first and main squeeze.... LOVE MY SHINY!

Yeah that was the hard part. It was Ep3 movie armor so I had to narrow it down. Mostly I hated the weird visors and some of the helmets... but I love red and can still stand by Sidious, so here we are.

Very cool Ingrid! A Garrison mate was going to do a Shock Trooper, then changed his mind and did a 327th clone. Cannot wait to see yours.

BTW, once you go dirty/weathered , you get in your blood to have everything dirty/weathered..... ;)

Thanks, folks :) I touched up all the rough edges where the tape failed, so it's even better now. Should be adding brow trim and tube stripes tonight. If my lens arrives today, it'll be done!

BTW, once you go dirty/weathered , you get in your blood to have everything dirty/weathered..... ;)

I WILL NEVER LOSE THE LOVE OF MY SHINY WHITE!

Though I wouldn't mind having more armor I can weather... a TD, that cool new TKC, a death trooper...

Edited by LadyInWhite

Yes, its' slow going. The kit is HUMONGOUS and I've done little but ruin it trying to "shrink" it a bit. I trim but the angles are so bad afterward that I have to heat it and bend it. I think I need to switch to boiling because the heat gun warps the edges.

I could probably fit two of my bums in the butt plate! So, slow going, but going nonetheless. The helmet is fun and I love to paint, so that's a no-brainer. The welding mask came today so that'll finish it off by Sunday, then back to full armor.

Need boots, and a couple pieces I'll have to make myself... it's "harder" than a TK but I'm enjoying the challenge and I DO look forward to weathering it :)

• 3 months later...

Damnit Ingrid I love that you're going the Clone way and why do I only notice this thread now?

The kit is huge, I can tell just by looking at the average CT trooping out there. Some of them could do decent Wookies if they wanted to. I wonder, if there were smaller clone kits I would totally try my hands at one...

So the warping edges, that must hurt. Though I heard about a clone prop maker that sold detail pieces (OSCS?)... and how do I know this? I'm currently researching the Galactic Marine costume :D

Edited by daennika

OMG this thread was from like June and I haven't touched the stuff since then... I am looking into getting a new OSCS suit which is more modern and better sized.

On a happier note I was thinking of repainting my 13 year old car as a shock trooper helmet. Nobody will get it but die-hard fans.

OMG this thread was from like June and I haven't touched the stuff since then... I am looking into getting a new OSCS suit which is more modern and better sized.

On a happier note I was thinking of repainting my 13 year old car as a shock trooper helmet. Nobody will get it but die-hard fans.

lol do post pictures if that ever happens!

• 5 weeks later...

That would be awesome! I agree with Diana- pics would be incredible.

One day I'd like to get a VW Type 181 (Thing) and TK-ify it: paint the brow, eyes, frown and traps on the hood, vocoder in front (between headlights), blue stripes on the front fenders, and the OII on the engine cover in back...maybe have a mount between the front two seats for a DLT-19. On the plus side my wife would NEVER ask to borrow my car...downside is most of the Type 181s out there are restorations and are a bit pricey...

/end threadjack

//yes, I have put a lot of thought into that project :)

Edited by boomshakra