Tiny Trooper in Trouble

darthyagi

Hey, all.

I posted this in the 501st forums as well, but I figured some people (like me) don't check that as much.

My wife is in the hospital here in Japan. She's pregnant with our second padawan (don't know if it's a boy or girl, btw), and she doesn't speak Japanese, so she can't really communicate with the staff very well. She's only 25 weeks into the pregnancy, and is in danger of going into full-on labor.

If all of you could keep the Diamond family in your hearts and/or prayers, it would be much appreciated. I'll keep this thread alive with updates as I get them.

Jeff, bro, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

I will tell my Garrison to do the same for you as well. :)

• 1 month later...

An update, as promised. The wife has been in the hospital for about five weeks now, and she's showing no signs that she's going to be home anytime soon. Her goal is 36 weeks, but I don't really know if that's doable. We've been able to get some family out here to Japan to help take care of our (almost) two year old, which has allowed us to breathe a little easier.

However, as my wife has been on hospital bedrest for five weeks now, she has read, crocheted and scrapbooked about as much as she can. The tedium is starting to get to her, I think. Here's what I imagine she's thinking...

Anyway, I will keep this thread alive. Maybe the next update will include pictures of our padawan!

Oh man, a padawan in the belly of a trooper (or troopers wife as it were), what would the emperor say...

Congrats on the upcoming package, and much love and luck for a happy healthy baby!

Oh man, a padawan in the belly of a trooper (or troopers wife as it were)

To be fair, she wants to join the great armored ranks someday. But while we're having kids, she may just work on officer uniforms. Maybe an Ysane Isard...

what would the emperor say ...

I really couldn't say. He has a habit of electrocuting people that just up and talk to him.

Hang in there! What week are you at now?

When I was pregnant six of my friends were pregnant at the same time (I was due first). Lots of yoga and belly bucking until one got on bed rest. Such a challenge, especially when you have other little ones.

What you need to do is give her some armor to work on. Or maybe she can pound out some elastic snaps and snap plates and sell them in batches! Or hand-sew some Imperial Officer uniforms, the are in very high demand! I'm kidding of course, I'm sure the cabin fever is unbearable!