Rs Prop Masters ABS build with the HDPE helmet [*RS]

So is the first coat of red rust speculation or a sure bet? Do we know for sure this is what was used?

I have a picture I wanted to upload, but I guess it has to be mini size, and it won't upload. Let me know if anyone wants to help.

Edited by Stormy320

I got this PM off rob a while back discussing the paint on the helmet.

Well, here in the UK there is a metal primer that has been around forever that is a red oxide colour. We used a metal etch primer, I don't think plastic primer where around in 76. We are going to try flaming the plastic first too. I think it provides a better surface to paint, but we will see.

Rob.

I started to paint the armour today,

I was undecided about painting the armour but when I painted the helmet and the colour wasn't a good match,it made my decision easy.

So here we go screen accurate all the way!

1st coat for the chest and back plate.

P1010370.jpg

Nice one Wayne really looking good , but were the Original ANH suits painted thats the 64 million dollar question ;)

Edited by SW1

The finished helmet.

P1010434.jpg

P1010428.jpg

P1010430.jpg

Inside the helmet you can see the over spray from the red oxide primer and the white top coat giving it a pinky colour.Also in this photo notice the chips around the neck trim exposing the green plastic not the red oxide.

P1010421.jpg

Edited by DudeSidious