Rs Prop Masters ABS build with the HDPE helmet [*RS]

The edges on the belt from RS are not hemmed i guess the word is. The sewn edge actually leaves an untreated "frayed" edge out. Its about 2 and 3/4 inches wide or 70 mm.

It is made by Clothears Costumes, and they used to have a great picture on thier site, but they have recently changed it and its not showing pictures for some reason.

belt-4-650x537.jpg

This is from RS Propmasters Website that shows the "frayed Edge" I was trying to describe.

Edited by rhapsodyred99

that marital doesn't look like canvas either.

The inner layer is a different type of cloth. It has a sheen and a certain silk-like quality to it. Not sure whether it is actually silk yarn but it's "silky" and shiny.

Have you fixed your sniper plate yet?

I have found that as we have our shins atatched the sniper plate fits perfectly...on the right shin!

The left shin with that sort of curve out from the top of the coverstrip throws the sniper plate off.

I am thinking of just fixing it to the right shin since it fits like a glove there and just switching the legs I put them on.

In other words they have R on one set of shins that the plate fits and L on another set that the plate really does not fit on. So Ill just pretend the R is an L and fix the sniper plate on it...

I'm Gluing mine now.

I may be in a different boat then you because I swapped the shin parts over R L, L R not L L, R R.I wouldn't worry to much if it doesn't line up perfectly.

P1010203.jpg

Also I've increased the width of my cover strips on the leg's from 20mm to 22mm

Edited by DudeSidious

yeah before I glued the two pieces together I tried them different ways and it looked to me at least that they had marked mine correctly. It really did not seem to matter which way I put them together, but I did not think about the sniper plate. Then last night I tried to fit it and was like...the hell?

I suppose I could pull them apart and try the other way, but I will probably just glue the plate on the shin that it fits perfectly and switch them on the costume. Its the shin part that is extra long that throws the sniper plate off. I should have glued them as you did.

I still might. I used e6000 so it wont be that big of a deal.

The Original Siman Belt defently has like a silky inner skin ,which i was very lucky to see ;)

7631857274_f624cdf90c_c.jpg

And Here is Me and my old mate Mr Haggis givin it large in the Green Lids :), a day long rememberd

7626418044_0777b2a542_c.jpg

Sorry for the hijack mate ;)

The thing I cant understand is that they don't have this suit behind glass or locked away somewhere.The Armor is a antique and has got to be worth a small fortune and they are letting every body touch it.

Stop touching it everyone!

Your suit looks awsome rolf.

Thanks bro.

I have follow your topic as well, as i also have a RS Stormtrooper kit here, and will assembled it soon, plus you got great skills as well assembling these baby´s for inspire others RS owners.

Keep up the good work, all most there :salute:

P7073224_2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just about done with RS TK just need to do a few adjustments and paint the helmet.

P1010281.jpg

I have one thing left to assemble and thats my thermal detonator.But I've ran into a bit of trouble here as you can my problem...the caps don't fit.They seem to be the same diameter as the pipe.

P1010279.jpg

How are you ment to assemble these?

Warm up the end caps. I suggest boiling them for a few minutes and they'll soften up enough for you to pull them over the pipe. Don't forget to screw on your clips first. Looking good so far! :)

Because if you're going for accuracy you should use machine screws and nuts. You'll need to put those on first or you won't be able to reach the nuts on the inside with the caps on.

I haven't seen anyone actually primer the outside like that before. It'll be interesting to see how it turns out. The few I've seen who went the primer route just added the inside overspray. I'm also not sure if the ears where ever primered, although they obviously were fitted on the helmet before the white paint was put on.

Over at starwars helmets youll see a couple of sandtroopers without ears and where the ears were you only see the HDPE green,so thats why I think the helmets were assembled first then primed.

Edited by DudeSidious

Yeah, I know of those pictures. I've just never seen any scuffed paint on ears that has revealed any primer, but I guess it falls off together with the white paint whenever scuffed. I might have had a brain fart in my last post.