Rs Prop Masters ABS build with the HDPE helmet [*RS]

I´m not 100% sure, but i have the feeling that.

Some, maybe the most, maybe all of the ANH stunt Stormtrooper version also had there body armors painted, we know the HDPE stunt helmet was for sure.

The hero helmet ANH Stormtooper version was pure ABS, both body armor and helmet... maybe not painted.

All Sandtrooper´s had only HDPE stunt helmets, no hero helmets, so maybe all sandtrooper body armors was painted as well, just like we see the screen used ANH RS armor is.

I guess it would be nice to have a not painted RS for trooping, both the body armor and helmet in ABS (like i have now).

And a display RS, all spray painted whit spray painted HDPE helmet and spray painted ABS body armor as well.

Maybe troop in it as well, as the more it will looked beat up, crack, paint come off, marks, used etc. the more screen accurate it will look.

Troop on :salute:

the RS props suit was used as a sandy, then used on the tantive IV hallway scene.

the two paint passes explain a sandy first, then simply sprayed white for the last scene filmed

in the movie... interesting that the first scene was shot last.

we have photographic proof because of the RS props holster can clearly be seen in the tantive hallway.

I'd go with painted for ANH stunt replicas.

one of the paint runs inside the suit has yellow coloring running down..

sandy color first?

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

the RS props suit was used as a sandy, then used on the tantive IV hallway scene.

we have photographic proof because of the RS props holster can clearly be seen in the tantive

We know it [the RS suit] was a sandy costume, and we know that the holster (and the belt it attaches to) was used in the tantive boarding scene. There's no proof that the armour was used there however. Just have to point that out to avoid confusion.

well it stands to reason how did a yellow paint run land inside a white armor.

thanks mathias but I really do think that the suits were re-purposed from sandy back to white.

that can be proven in fact.

it also has the 3 button sandy plate.

and single cod hole, holes on the knee plate, showing rivets... lot's of things.

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

It may very well be that it was re-purposed. There are promo pictures with TD's mixed up with TK's and dressed up as them too. What I like to clarify is that we spent a long time trying to pin down the particular RS suit to anything on screen and have yet failed. So while all things mentioned yet are true on their own, in the context it's all circumstantial and doesn't prove anything.

Looking good Wayne, coming along real nice :jc_doublethumbup:

What about the body armor, will you paint it or not.

I know you gonna get the helmet as HDPE, and spray paint that... so maybe also the armor then as well :huh:

My problem i need 4 RS suits, and "only" have 2.

I like both the ANH Stormtrooper, and Sandtrooper.

I like the RS TK/TD kits i got now, as 1,5mm ABS body armor and helmet.

Perfect for a life long trooping :duim:

But i also like to be 100% screen accurate, so in a way i need 2 more full RS kits.

As two 1,5mm ABS body armors, plus 2 HDPE helmets for display and white spray paint them white top to toe ;)

Enjoy your build Mr. W :salute:

Edited by Rolf

I am thinking of painting the armor too but I'm really not to sure yet .

Shoulder bells attached and now this is starting to look good.

P1000888.jpg

Worst part of the build yet was sewing on these snaps.

P1000889.jpg

Can someone tell me which is the left and right?

P1000891.jpg

Copy that ;)

I hear you, i might not paint my body armor as well.

But i will get a HDPE helmet for sure for having both, as one in ABS matching the armor, and a HDPE for accurate style.

Your build looks real nice! keep up the good work :salute:

Great job Wayne, it is so time consuming building inside/outside accuracy, the originals were probably assembled in superquick time by guys who didn't give a hoot!

You mention its thin and that RS suggests PVC for trooping...But does the 501st allow PVC? I look at the guidelines and it says this:

• The armor parts shall be made from one of these types of materials or like materials: White fiberglass, ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene), or HIPS (High Impact Polystyrene).

I am interested into getting back into this hobby and want to upgrade my old FX suit with one of the newer more accurate types. I am interested in RS mainly because of its authenticity, but if its going to tear or crack the second time I put it on I am not going to be very happy.

sorry to ask a newbie question in this thread!

You have done a great job going for true accuracy and I am just amazed at teh work this had to entail for you.

did you get the pre trimmed version?

Can someone tell me which is the left and right?

P1000891.jpg

I've seen em being worn on either sides so I figured it's a personal preference.

we spent a long time trying to pin down the particular RS suit to anything on screen and have yet failed.

I was wondering about this recently. I came across some screen shots of one particular trooper in ESB that had a thigh piece assembled similarly to the RS suit.

rspropsrtthigh.jpg

snapshot20111002at11453.th.jpg

esbtk.jpg

starwars53282.th.jpg

esbtk2.jpg

This is the only trooper I've come across with that jagged thigh piece. Could it be the same as the RS thigh piece?

I was actually hoping someone could tell me which pieces exactly were needed to be fabricated to complete the RS kit. I can't find the thread, but I remember

there being mention of someone having to replace a missing bicep or something?

It's not impossible that it could be the thigh. But I think it's unlikely since it came from LFL together with the torso which is a Sandtrooper torso. So my guess is it came into private hands before ESB filmed. However, I think only RS can really answer that question. Great research on your part though. This is the kind of work that makes progress. :duim:

Again, I think it's best RS tells us themselves what had to be re-made from missing parts, but I think it's only the thermal detonator, Ab plate button plate, Ab 4 button strip, Hand guards and the TK and TD knee plates.

I am interested in RS mainly because of its authenticity, but if its going to tear or crack the second time I put it on I am not going to be very happy.

did you get the pre trimmed version?

Its not going to tear or crack and I think it would hold up ok for trooping.From what I understand the pvc (also 1.5mm) is more flexiable and can take a bit more punishment.

It was roughly cut out I would'nt say pre trimmed.Its easy enough to trim it your self.

I was actually hoping someone could tell me which pieces exactly were needed to be fabricated to complete the RS kit. I can't find the thread, but I remember

there being mention of someone having to replace a missing bicep or something?

As far as I know, the RS suit was missing the left bicep, left forearm, L/R inner shins, Shoulder straps, ab detail plates, and knee plate. However looking at a TM suit side by side with the RS, its clear they used Paul's shoulder straps, knee plate, thigh ammo belt, and ab plates. There may be more but I don't know. I'm not sure about the newer looking left bicep and forearm that comes with their suits either. I think I read it was scratch built (don't quote me on that.) I have a very vague memory.

I don't understand why they copied TM's old thigh ammo plate, as the little boxes are quite undersized when compared to the original on the RS thigh. I want to source a more accurately sized one for my suit.

I think I got these paired up right.What do you think?

P1000977.jpg

Top = Right bicep, outter and inner. Left bicep, inner and outter.

Bottom = Left arm, outter and inner. Right arm, inner and outter.

The inner and outter sections are paired up correctly, just you have the forearms matchet to the wrong biceps. Not sure if that is what you were asking?

As far as I know, the RS suit was missing the left bicep, left forearm, L/R inner shins, Shoulder straps, ab detail plates, and knee plate. However looking at a TM suit side by side with the RS, its clear they used Paul's shoulder straps, knee plate, thigh ammo belt, and ab plates. There may be more but I don't know. I'm not sure about the newer looking left bicep and forearm that comes with their suits either. I think I read it was scratch built (don't quote me on that.) I have a very vague memory.

I don't understand why they copied TM's old thigh ammo plate, as the little boxes are quite undersized when compared to the original on the RS thigh. I want to source a more accurately sized one for my suit.

all seems to be in tacked in this photo.

captur12.jpg

Edited by DudeSidious