Rs Prop Masters ABS build with the HDPE helmet [*RS]

Hi everyone,

This is my RS build with the HPDE helmet

This is the second time I've delt with RS and both times the armour has arived in about a week from making payment.Thats from the UK to Australia by the way.

Anyway my armor turned up on thursday.

P1000765.jpg

P1000772.jpg

I've got all the bits laid out for the usual un boxing pic.

P1000768.jpg

A couple things worth a mention is theres no duplicate parts and some of the parts seem a tad bigger then my AP And then theres one thing that stood right out, the Ab plate which doesn't line up with the cod.

Every part is different and has a lot of character.

P1000771.jpg

The off aliment of the ab and cod.

P1000769.jpg

The orignal strapping kit.

P1000770.jpg

I'm very pleased with the kit .Its AWESOME!!

I'm starting on the torso 1st.Ive cut out the chest and ab and at this moment not to sure about how much of a return edge to leave,so I'm being fairly generous.

P1000790.jpg

P1000793.jpg

I should mention that the ABS is 1.5mm just like the movie Armour and is no where a solid as my AP(2mm ABS)

Now if I was a serious trooper I would have gone with the PVC,which they also offer and is allot more flexible and thats what RS recommend for trooping.

hopefully more progress tomorrow. ;)

Edited by DudeSidious

This is the second time I've delt with RS and both times the armour has arived in about a week from making payment.Thats from the UK to Australia by the way.

I've said it before and I say it again ....

We're fortunate that this fell into the hands of Si and Rob. They're really easy to deal with.

Congratulations on the kit. Enjoy the build.

Woweee! I would someday love to do a set. Perhaps after I finish an R2. Looks so amazing.

Did the ab piece come with the snaps Pre installed like that?

You mentioned perhaps not seriously trooping in it. Are you doing it for display only?

No helmet yet,they said it would be a couple of weeks away.

Yes the ab and butt plate came with the snaps pre installed.Im building it for display but I would definitely troop in it once or twice .Though I would have to go on a pretty serious diet for it to fit. :P

Anyway my armor turned up on thursday.

That is really fast shipping!

I'm still waiting for my helmet that was shipped over a week and a half ago, either customs has it or it'll be here tomorrow (I hope).

Sorry for the little hijack :P

Enjoy the build, and looking forward to seeing the progress.

Awsome build Wayne , the elastic loops look fine to me you might want them a bit longer on the chest to the top of the abb , if you have them the loops to small the neck area on the chestplate will cut in to your neck, but hey thats what they had to put up with back in the day one size fits all ie - the trade mark Chest flexing ;) , for sure make different sizes of elastic loops to find what your happy with and to suit your frame :)

Thanks Steve, That makes sence but this is for display so I'm not to worried, though it would be good for it did fit me.

pics of todays progress.

P1000828.jpg

Elastic attached by split pins.

P1000830.jpg

P1000832.jpg

shoulder elastic glued with E6000.

P1000829.jpg

cod piece connected with a split pin at one end and two snaps connect to the but plate.

P1000833.jpg

More tomorrow :)

Edited by DudeSidious

Looking good.

Two questions.

1. Now you only got the body armor in abs, and will get the helmet in hdpe.

The helmet need to be spray painted white as we know, but what about the body armor. I guess you have to spray paint both the helmet, and body armor to make it top screen accurate.

Will you spray paint the complete armor white, when its assembled. Whit the strapping system and all.

2. The RS screen used ANH suit, had its brackets add more in the armor parts, and not so much in the armor edges.

You have only add them like that on the belly, but the rest on the edges.

Did you only copy the brackets placements for the belly, and did them like you want on the rest of the parts.

The RS ANH screen used brackets adding:

P8270185.jpg

P8270184.jpg

Here you can even see the spray paint drips run coming in from... from the top of the chest from the out side paint job:

P8270186.jpg

And spray paint dust on the strappings as well:

P82701892.jpg

I have two full ABS RS kits/suits, i will get RS HDPE helmets to them as well.

But i´m not sure i will spray paint the body armor parts white as well...

So i´m just asking, what will you do...

Only spray paint the helmet, i guess its not the whole way, but in a way it seems off to spray paint a all ready nice and white body armor.

Edited by Rolf

I did'nt think the body was painted :wacko: so at this stage I'm just going to paint the helmet.

From what I understand is the brackets were moved from there original position for what ever reason.In your 1st pic you can see the holes where they use to be.As for the ab plate there's no return edge so the brackets have to go on the face of the armor.Though it is possible that the ab plat return edge was damage and had to be removed.

Edited by DudeSidious

Gluing on the elastic to the chest plate and the right shoulder snap to the chest plate.

P1000835.jpg

Just got to wait for the glue to dry and reassemble. I think thats it for the torso

Edited by DudeSidious

I did'nt think the body was painted :wacko: so at this stage I'm just going to paint the helmet.

From what I understand is the brackets were moved from there original position for what ever reason.In your 1st pic you can see the holes where they use to be.As for the ab plate there's no return edge so the brackets have to go on the face of the armor.Though it is possible that the ab plat return edge was damage and had to be removed.

Copy that :duim:

I guess they was moved, because this suit brackets crack open in the edge.

I think most ANH suits have all there brackets in the edge, but again we can´t be sure.

I´m not sure like the rest of us, if the ANH body armor suits was painted or not.

All we know is, that the ANH body armors was white ABS, so was the hero ANH helmets.

Only the stunt ANH helmets was in HDPE, and painted white.

I´m not sure, but the many of the ABS hero helmets match there body armors, and was not painted either of them i guess.

But many of the HDPE stunts was also matching there body armor, looking close at them, many of them looks like the ANH RS screen used suit here i think.

Where the body armor also looks like it was spray painted, also the looks of the black/dark marks on the ANH Stormtrooper body armors.

Again i´m not sure, but marks like that, happen more easy on a spray paint job vs. pure clean abs armor.

But one thing is for sure, the ANH RS armor was painted, and it was even painted two times.

Maybe once at first as a Sandtrooper, and then again for ANH Stormtrooper use by LFL.

So i´m in great doubt if, i shall paint mine as well.

but i guess i will not.

I will keep mine pure ABS, both the helmets and body armor and not paint them. And then just buy extra RS HDPE helmets as well. For having both.

Maybe longer down the road, if we find 100% proof for the stunt ANH Stormtrooper and Sandtroopers body armors was painted white, i will get a extra body armor and paint it white.

And then i all ready got a RS HDPE helmet for it there.

Heres a pic of my two full RS ABS kits:

PC092857.jpg

Heres my brackets placements:

090620123702-1.jpg

090620123686-1.jpg

But one thing is for sure, the ANH RS armor was painted, and it was even painted two times.

Maybe once at first as a Sandtrooper, and then again for ANH Stormtrooper use by LFL.

Good Point,but we dont know when was it painted.Was it painted for Starwars or was it painted after.If it was painted for starwars I'll be painting mine.I gues I'll watch the Starwars bluray tonight.

The kids hate it when hit pause button every time the stormtroopers come on. :laugh1:

Edited by DudeSidious

Good Point,but we dont know when was it painted.Was it painted for Starwars or was it painted after.If it was painted for starwars I'll be painting mine.I gues I'll watch the Starwars bluray tonight.

The kids hate it when hit pause button every time the stormtroopers come on. :laugh1:

:laugh1: same thing here, my son looks up at me ever time i go back and back again and again... we are plastic freaks, but love it :P

Enjoy the beautiful kit of yours, the RS rocks ;)

Looking a these pics of screen used ANH suits, it also looks like they was spray painted white as well.

I´m not 100% sure, but on many of the pics, you see a different shade on the out side vs. the inside.

Paint coming off inside the shins, looks like small air stains on the for arms taken whit flash pic etc.

Check it out... what do people think :blink::huh::salute:

Same white shade as on the rivets as on the armor...

regular.jpg

Looks like small air painted stains + look as the strips, they are totally white on the sides, no glueing to be seen, there it could be a white paint job as well:

Arms.jpg

Looks painted, also on the strap:

Ab_Kidney_Connection_02.jpg

armorfront01.jpg

Paint coming off inside the shins:

ANHinteriorlowerlegseamclosuresyste.jpg

StormtrooperBodyArmourComparison-12.jpg

But... again i´m not sure...

but it looks to me we see some full spray painted ANH suits from back then 1976.

Whit both spray painted whit HDPE helmets, and painted ABS body armors as well.

Sorry for the off topic post here, but i did it if you look more into maybe spray paint your RS body armor.

Troop on :salute:

Edited by Rolf