Hyperfirm E11 stolen :(

TK1491

Hey all

Well last night I had a great troop going at our Detroit Tigers SW night, until someone stole my hyperfirm e11 out of my holster and ran off. Can't tell you how bummed I am on so many levels...not cool.

It's been a while since I've been in the prop market and I'm wondering as to the best route to replace it. Are there hyperfirms out there being made any more? Is there a better option? Any suggestions, tips, condolences, etc welcomed. Thx

Scott

First, MAN that totally stinks!

Second, I think Lewis (? brain exhausted) just posted he has a new set of E-11s just done or just about to be done... lemme see if I can find the link.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=19771

Edited by LadyInWhite

Yeah get ahold of Lewis, he's still doing the on and off.

They took it right out of your holster? WOW that sucks!

So maybe this is a good time to consider anti theft devices while in a holster? I've always carried mine around, except my last troop at the Comic Expo. That the was the first time ever I've had it holstered. (And realized that when it is, it pulls my belt down, so one of the things on my to do list to fix)

But wondering now, in light of the theft of yours, what would be a good way to keep it secured besides the snap...

Wow your temper must be at Jedi status! I probably would have thrown my bucket off and started chasing the little punk! Sorry to hear about that. If you can't get the Hyperfirm soon enough, and you don't mind the extra work, I can vouch that the doopys full resin kit is very legit. Just something to think about. Hang in there bro. What goes around comes around.

Wow that's just right out ridiculous. I would have just thrown off my bucket and go after him. Seriously at that point, keeping my face hidden is the least of my worries. By the sounds of it, seems like some teenage brat is the culprit? Had a similar situation that happened to a friend of mine when he set his RT-97C against a counter next to him, some guy tried to run off with it and tried to brush it off as a joke when he got caught... I will never understand these people and I hope karma bites them in the butt. Anyways I'm sorry this has happened to you.

Wow. Insert Detroit joke here...but seriously, I am so sorry. I can vouch for the Doopys as well. I have received a lot of compliments on mine and I find it satisfyingly heavy...But I would also recommend a Doopys Hasbro conversion for trooping in those kinds of environs in the future. Less weight, is passable, and not as big a hit if some douchebag decides to make off with it...

Edited by Evilboy

Firstly, as someone whom has had their entire kit stolen in the past.... my deepest comiserations. I know what your going through and , frankly, it aint nice.

Now to the nitty gritty:

1/Were you there on an official troop to promote them?

If so I would aproach them and inform them of said events " whilst promoting their franchise" and see if they are willing to help.

2/ This is why I ( nor any UKG member ) never leave my blaster in its holster. I know its not what you want to hear but....you would not leave a $100 bill within easy reach of the public, why do so with your multi $ blaster? \Sadly you have learned the lesson the hard way ( as I did by leaving my kit nearest to the public access ) .

As for a replacement: as said before I would go for a doopy'y kit.

Again, my deepest condolences for your loss.

Thx all. Yes and I know exactly when it happened...right at the very end of a five hour troop which was actually going very well...lots of fun. You know how it goes: group after group of photos, little kid after little kid, one after the other after the other...and then a quick break. So I slide the gun into the holster to give my arm a rest, and just then four drunk guys throw their arms around me from behind and spin me toward a camera...lots of yelling...flash...and they're gone. And that's when it happened. It was literally just before I walked back to the changing room, and as I'm walking to the elevator the security guard jokingly says, hey, where's your gun? And I say, it's right her-- and tap on my now empty holster. I was f-ing pissed.

Thx very much for the tips and info.

Scott

So sorry to hear this. I can not believe the lack of honor of some people. I know that Lewis has made new tools and sound like he is producing. I know that I am not part of the 501st (yet), and I have just started my build my RT-Mod. But if you were to need to you can barrow my hyperfirm until you replace your E-11. I work in Livonia so not to far from you. (I looked up your profile on the Michigan Garrison Site - I really am not trying to be a stalker). May the wamp rat that swiped your blaster be shot by a passing T-5 in beggers canyon.

Mike

A group of drunks - figures. :angry:

A fellow garrison member had his helmet stolen while it was sitting on a table at a restaurant right in front of him by a drunk who's equally-drunken buddies apparently put him up to it. The guy was out the door before anyone realized what had happened - or that the helmet wasn't coming back. Local authorities eventually caught up with the guy, who after he got caught tried to pass it off as a bunch of guys having a few laughs. What wasn't so funny (aside from the incident itself) is that the bucket came back trashed. We ended up taking up a collection in the garrison and getting him a new helmet kit.

Non-costumed handlers are a trooper's best friend. The larger, more alert, and generally more assertive they are - the better.

Yeah, I can't blame our ncs on this too much. Even if they spotted the pickpocket (pickholster?) I wouldn't have expected them to confront them. Security had been alerted thru out the park well before the end of the game, and I was hoping that someone would notice a drunk fan walking around with a British WWII submachine gun...but no.

Mike

Thx for the offer to borrow ur blaster...lol very kind of you. I think I'll be ok as Im not slated to troop for a while, so I think I'll be able to score a replacement in time. Greets from Canton!

Sorry to hear that Scott! :angry:

Someone stole one of Harp's clonetrooper pistols out of his holster at a Griffins event. The only reason we found out is another spectator saw it and let us know. We went to that person with security and asked for it back. A women had it in her purse, under her jacket. She said she was just "kidding". :angry:

Thx guys. Well, I'm trying hard to look at this in a positive way (albeit an expensive lesson in carelessness). I did order a replacement with Lewis, and it sounds like an improvement over my last hyperfirm (purchased in 07). The t-tracks these days are molded right into the gun for one thing, and those suckers had started to pull away on me a few times.

In other news Tigers security is combing over CCTV footage...maybe I'll get a grainy BW photo of the drunk punk who stole it...that phot would make a nice fathers day gift.

Rip- that's awesome that tht chick got caught!! What tools these ppl are :(

• 2 weeks later...

Received my replacement hyperfirm e11 today from Lewis...better, lighter, sharper. :)

----------

I hope the guy who stole mine is allergic to rubber. ;)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 3 months later...

Hey there! First off......damn....so sorry to hear. This thread has confirmed a fearful thought I have had in starting this project....theft. *sigh* Some people just...well...nevermind. lol I will keep it clean and say SCREW THEM! haha

On the bright side, I just received my ANH Hyperfirm E-11 from Lewis as well! Isn't it bad an impolite person?? :jc_doublethumbup:

Have been thinking about making a mark or engraving initials into my blaster just in case it goes missing but still no guaranty i would ever see it again