Rob's ANH real Sterling build ( pic heavy )

Is it me or does Mark Hammel E11 is different than the one he used earlier on? Look at post # at the Scope and look at the E11 Scope here?

Yeah, I think it's a different blaster all together.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The MR E-11 blaster has screws that need to use a hex key on them. And it seems MR is accurate too, at least that is how they advertised it...

Ā 

MR stuff is licensed but not necessarily 100% screen accurate. Bapty is likely to have used the screws which came with the scopes - none of which originally used allen bolts (hex key bolts)

The lower the better for me.

Ā 

Having it lower would get that curve you see on the screen used blasters that is created by the scope mounting bolts.

Ā 

Of course, everyone has their preferences but I just think that the curved rail looks a bit sloppy. Like it was made quickly and didn't fit very well. On real guns you never see a curved scope rail as the scope has to be on the same level as the gun. It's just my opinion but I like the neater look of the slightly raised rail.

Is it me or does Mark Hammel E11 is different than the one he used earlier on? Look at post # at the Scope and look at the E11 Scope here?

Ā 

Yeah, Han & Luke use loads of different variations of E11 even within the same scenes - I keep meaning to sit down with the Blu-Ray & make a list of all the changes & variations but I haven't been bored enough yet since I had that idea! lol

Edited by PlayfulWolfCub

The Last picture from Paul and some screens of lukes blaster made me believe them removed the rear sighting leaving only the bolt alone were the rail is jammed with the help of the curve.

Ā 

I copied the look one with the small screws and one with the big ones there is also a little curve when the little ones are used otherwise you cant jam the rail under the rear sighting bolt!

Ā 

th_4385db43.jpg

Ā 

th_a52d8400.jpg

Ā 

th_78877b59.jpg

Ā 

Jens

I just think that the curved rail looks a bit sloppy. Like it was made quickly and didn't fit very well.

Ā 

That goes for everything in Star Wars. Make things too nice and you take away that screen used look. Whenever you over-think a prop, 9 times out of 10 you end up with an idealised version, and that just isn't my cup of tea :)

Ā 

Carry on :D

Edited by troopermaster

Good point Paul. We spend our lives trying to make things look as good and neat as we can then it is difficult to do things how we would not normaly choose to do them. I am going to make a second rail tonight that is lower and then I'll post some more pics. Thanks for yoyr input mate :)

I believe the Tunisian non-firing versions all had parallel rails whereas most of the Death Star Sterlings had the less attractive (in my opinion) "curving down" rail. However here's a shot of Luke in the trash compactor with a very parallel, right-angle at the front rail & that's enough justification for me to use the shape I prefer :)

StarWarsEpisodeIVANewHope19771080pcrop.jpg

Ā 

Doh! My bad... this is also a Tunisian version, isn't it, with the rail ending just before the rear sight which, in my haste, I didn't spot before :blush:

Ā 

No justification for a parallel rail here... move along.... move along....

Now it's too low!

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Just kidding mate :laugh1: Looks much better to me.

Ā 

Ahhh don't do that! I only read the top line and was about to put my fist through the screen. :D

:D I noticed that a couple of pictures have been used there that I sent him for reference for the caps. If they need to be taken down just let me know and I will contact Mr Mullard.

Whilst looking for some more reference pics I came accross a great site of Star Wars frame by frame screen caps. They have ESB and ROTJ too.

http://ladymanson.com/galleries/movies/MoviesRS/thumbnails.php?album=20

I have made a second rail that sits 1mm higher than the last one but not as high as my first attempt. I have also incorporated a way of fixing the rear of the rail that I have copied from Andy. Hope you don't mind Andy :P

No worries Rob, copy away! But now this thread's got me thinking about changing MY rail! lol I might make another one based on this shot. This one has quite an elegant curve to it unlike some of the more "rough & ready" ones. (Leia's manicured & varnished nails could be enhancing the prettiness, of course!)

Ā 

20111206-112502crop-1.jpg