Dry paint removal the right way

tbo

After trying to hand paint my RT-Mod helmet versus use decals I found myself having quite a bit of troubles with the Humbrol paints.. The end result was a very thick and nasty looking coating of something that sort of resembled paint. I had done a few searches trying to find things to remove it, and after finally making a post someone recommended using oven cleaner. This was done quite a while ago and I just recently found the free time to get back to my build, but I thought I would share the results.

I take around the trap and sprayed it two or three times. It would foam up so I would apply more after it settled. It has been sitting for approximately 18 hours or so and it started cracking and bubbling up and one swipe with a rag showed a good clean removal with no damage to the plastic.

pZurp.jpg

Rq9ap.jpg

Enjoy!

long soak time? 10 hours?

I let it sit for like 18 hours the first time and came off fine. I sprayed a few other spots and after about four hours it appeared to look as it did at 18. I wasn't in a hurry so I let It sit I over night.