Glueing white rubber hand guards on Nomex gloves?

You could try gluing the handguards to a similar size "patch" cut from the black rubber chemical gloves that we all use and then try gluing the rubber patch to the nomex glove. Gluing the black rubber glove backing that is now on the back of the handguard may be easier than trying to glue the hand guard directly to the nomex flight glove. Or alternatively just cutting small squares of the black rubber chemical gloves and gluing rubber "patches" to the back of the handguard and gluing the handguard via those patches to the nomex glove that way.

I have not tried either method but I do know that the white handguards Karen sold me ONLY stuck to the rubber chemical gloves when I used the LocTite glue with Activator pen she recommended...Very few glues seem to secure those handguards onto any kind of glove....but gluing rubber to nomex may be a little easier...

Just a thought... :)

I used a similar method before the loctite glue was found.

I cast some white fabric to the back side of the hand guards. That way, any glue worked.

But then. In used a one part mold, so it was easy. Now I'm using a two part mold so I can't use fabric

I went with the silicone adhesive not only because I knew it would bond to the silicone hand guards... but because it wouldn't seep too much through the glove. I was afraid of CA or E-6000 wicking through and glueing both sides of the glove together. At the time I didn't know what to stick inside the glove that wouldn't stick to either. Maybe wax paper?

Although I rarely use them... they're still going strong on my nomex gloves to this day.

-Eric

My attempts failed completely as none of the glues I used adhered to the rubber but stuck very well to the gloves :P

Will use the Locktite now on a different set of gloves ;)

My attempts failed completely as none of the glues I used adhered to the rubber but stuck very well to the gloves :P

Will use the Locktite now on a different set of gloves ;)

You could give the black silicon a try too, worked well for me

• 1 month later...

This seemed like a huge pain, so I'm following the best advice I've received on this topic. I got some black cotton glove liners to use with my pre-glued chemical gloves from Karin. They will keep my hands from sweating up the inside of the screen-accurate gloves, and protect my PTT button from shorting out.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

That's what I used and I did it last monday. It seem to be working fine. I was not able to find the loctite glue in my area.
------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I got some black silicon adhesive yesterday. But after sitting there for about an hour thinking about placement, I figured it would be best to hold off till I get my armor so I can have an accurate fitting with the fore arms on.

It's more how the guards fit over you gloves,  not gloves to your forearm. I place my handguards just over my knuckles, because I used the silicon the guards can flex with the knuckles bending, on the screen accurate gloves you can see images where the left glue from this section and they just stick out when the knuckles are bent :D.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

This is a OLD thread, but no, most "2 part glue" refers to simple 2 part epoxy.

Personally, I simply used E6000 to glue my latex hand guards from JustJoseph onto my Nomex gloves. Worked beautifully.

20160908120625-d4a641e4-me.jpg

(ignore the black smudges on the left)

• 2 weeks later...

Well after a bit of digging I have found a solution to gluing my silicon handguards to my Nomex gloves, the answer was Aquarium Sealant glue.very simple to do, just glue then backs of the handguards, place them on the gloves and weight them down with 2 or 3 heavy hard back books and leave them for 48hrs. The glue behaves very much like E6000, it also has similar properties once dried (waterproof, flexible etc) ---------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed