E11 Holster for approvel?

The FISD costume reference library is the definitive resource for what is required for 501st approval.

If you want to make it removable and not wear it after approval, by all means do so. Heck I run around in red flowery board shorts dancing hula (poorly)

Check with your local garrison before an official trooping. They may have an opinion.

Post up the screen capture in question if you can.

Aloha,

-Eric

a377e4c6.jpg

38cb1f05.jpg

If we were to allow anything seen on screen then we should not allow anything not seen on screen. That would turn 501st upside down. You don't want that. :P

Besides, you can make a holster good enough for approval for very little cash if you're handy, then only wear it for approval pictures and strike a deal with you garrison whether you can troop with it on or not.

If we were to allow anything seen on screen then we should not allow anything not seen on screen. That would turn 501st upside down. You don't want that. :P

Yeah I don't know about that but it's definitely worth questioning ;)

Whenever you see an oddity with the stormtroopers in the movie it is a mistake. Mr no stripes, missing TD's, broken knee plates, hand guards on the wrong way round. These are mistakes made or overlooked. I feel that the cool thing about stormtroopers is that they are all identical (or are supposed to be). An army of perfectly suited soldiers each one indistinguishable from the next. I don't think the mistakes should be replicated.

If one trooper wasn't wearing a holster it was because they forgot to put one on him or it fell off. All the others had one so why would he not have? :)

Good point but what about Lukes Tk belt ? different to the rest of the TKs but no mistake.

Continuity so that Luke could swing across the abyss. It's approvable with the TK-hero costume.

It's there to make a plot point of the story possable. It wasn't a mistake. A trooper without a holster plays no part towards the story :) . Whilst doing a troop you would just have people saying that you forgot part of your costume.

Continuity so that Luke could swing across the abyss. It's approvable with the TK-hero costume.

It wuld have been a much longer film if Luke didn't have the grappling hook, it would be an interesting 'what if' scenario. :)

Thats cool mate and I get it but what about the dude in the Hawaiian shorts?? :)

It only makes sense if that dude lives in Hawaii... nevermind that he bought those shorts at Walmart.

-Eric

• 4 weeks later...

I think a shorter film for sure.i didnt see any stairs :lol:

I think that I actually meant shorter, although they would have been captured and then another group would have had to go and rescue them, perhaps this is wheare Tag & Bink would have come into the story. :)